Cooking trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking trout

OK. Wife said do something different. I know the fry- beer batter- blacken- grill with lemon butter- Looking for something different. Not afraid of spice or anything really

We just ate ceviche yesterday. What ya got

Pan saute in some butter and ragin blaze with lemon on top till done. Keeps the nice trout taste

Comment

Cocunut milk and curry paste with sautéed veggies. Serve over basmati rice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cast iron hot with butter. Coat trout with Parmesan and some Tony’s. Pan fry in the butter.

Comment

Shake on old bay seasoning and coat with crushed almost to a powder saltiness crackers. Fry

Comment

Glen, do this trout your favorite way, then take her offshrore and get some Red Snapper... bring it back and fillet it, cube it up and boil it with light crab seasoning until it's firm and done... Tastes just like and has almost identical texture as lobster!! Thank me later!

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
              Cocunut milk and curry paste with sautéed veggies. Serve over basmati rice.

I have never tried it with trout but a few times I have cooked coconut milk fish curry. It is quite tasty.

I have always made it from scratch but I have used the paste in other dishes and it works well. It is certainly easier. 😀

Comment

Well the curry is gonna get a try. Slick I brought back a few snapper Monday and put a few fillets in freezer last night that we had not eaten yet. Will do this tomorrow. We eat fish once in a while

Comment

Blacken and serve over pasta with a cream, butter, lemon sauce. I do bass the same way.

Comment

My Fish cakes

3lbs fish fillets blanched and crumbled and cooled

In food processor add:
                    3 eggs
                    I bundle fresh parsley leaves
                    2 Tblsp creole mustard
                    2 Tblsp Cajun seasoning of your choice- we prefer Tonys
                    1 1/2 Tsp coarse black pepper
                    1 cup vegetable oil
                    Emulsify all ingredients and put to cool

Finely chop and sautéed:
                    1 large onion
                    1 red bell pepper
                    1 orange bell pepper
                    1 yellow bell pepper
                    1 Tblsp chopped garlic

After all is cooled add sautéed vegetables and emulsion in a large bowl with 2 cups Panko and mix well. Add fish last and fold gently untill mixed trying not to break the fish up to badly.

Now you can make 3 or 4 ounce patties and lightly brown in a skillet with a dab of olive oil or roll into balls and batter and deep fry. I prefer lightly browned in a skillet myself.
                    Last edited by Gumbo Man; 07-01-2022, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I don't know if it's different for yall, but my wife usually just pan cooks it in some butter and lets it fall apart then we make fish tacos out of it. When we hit camp we'll make some fresh Pico and throw it on a tortilla, makes for super easy cook and clean process. I've baked some fillets smothered in ranch with pressed-on fried onions (the stuff in the jar people use for green bean casserole) and it turns out ok. I still prefer small deep fried fish nuggets over anything though.

Comment

#1 - Easy Quick Delicious

Put fillet's in baking dish. Rub a little olive oil on them. Sprinkle with salt, fresh ground black pepper. Cook at 400 until flaky. Don't Overcook!!!

Pull out when done and squeeze a lemon on it and serve hot.

Take a stick of soft butter. Chop whatever fresh herbs you like and mix it with the butter. Get some plastic wrap and tear off a sheet and dab that butter down in the middle and roll it up so it looks like a big fat tootsie roll and stick that in the fridge. It should a smaller diameter than your lemons.

Slice a lemon.

Put them fillets in a baking dish. Salt and fresh ground pepper. Put a couple or three slices of lemon on them (however many will fit). Cut the now hard herb butter into rounds and put one round on each lemon slice.

Bake at 400 until flaky. Don't over cook!!! This is also very good on Rojo's on the halfshell on the grill.

If you don't over cook, it don't really matter how you do it.

You can also make ceviche with it.

Comment

I’m getting some good ideas. Will try the fish cakes as well. We do a lot of pan cooked- tacos- over rice- over noodles- blackened with all kinds of stuff- but now have a couple new ideas. We eat fish almost every day it seems but I ain’t complaining. This week I’ve had blackened- sautéed- baked- ceviche- and Poke’. We are not shy about trying anything. If there is something I need a firmer fish for I can keep a red.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            I have never tried it with trout but a few times I have cooked coconut milk fish curry. It is quite tasty.

I have always made it from scratch but I have used the paste in other dishes and it works well. It is certainly easier. [emoji3]

If you have the time fresh is best but the paste works almost as well and will save you a hefty bill at the spice aisle and a heck if a lot of time.

Comment

Lightly butter then roll in crumbled up cheezits. Bake like normal.

Comment

Working...
                              X