X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are those Tuna worth to the buyer?

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
      Have you fished with Capt. Mike? We fished with him a couple years ago and goose egged both days. Never again.
      Ouch! It happens. I've been on several off shore trips that were flops. Off shore is like that, it's usually really good or really bad.

Comment

We just got back yesterday from fishing with Mexican Gulf Fishing Co. Had 6 people and trip was 2300 plus almost 2000 in fuel, then plus tip. Ended up about 850-900 per person. Had a blast but dirty water is way out. Had to run 85 miles out. Fuel was 5.75 a gallon I believe at the marina. Those Freeman’s are bad ***** boats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow looks like I won’t be going to Venice for awhile!

Comment

Plenty of meat though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hendo View Post
              We just got back yesterday from fishing with Mexican Gulf Fishing Co. Had 6 people and trip was 2300 plus almost 2000 in fuel, then plus tip. Ended up about 850-900 per person. Had a blast but dirty water is way out. Had to run 85 miles out. Fuel was 5.75 a gallon I believe at the marina. Those Freeman’s are bad ***** boats!

How much meat did you each get? Looks great!

Comment

We had 8 tuna and my buddy and I’s share was probably 50 lbs worth. I love it so good with me!

Comment

We had 8 tuna and my buddy and I’s share was probably 50 lbs worth. I love it so good with me!

$18 a lb. Not bad, but that would really suck if you strike out and get skunked or only get a couple small fish.

Comment

Agreed… that’s why you go with Mexican Gulf. **** near guaranteed! Yellowfin is 26/lb in Katy according to a buddy we went with?

Comment

That “free” gas increase will just come off the top, one way or another.

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      Yes, but they have yet to buy me a 37’ Yellow Fin with trip 300’s…….

FYI, I pay personal mileage back to the company per the IRS rules, so, not exactly ‘free’.

Comment

I was with Hendo… always a great time with Mexican gulf. I will b back in August hope gas goes down lol!

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                          Have you fished with Capt. Mike? We fished with him a couple years ago and goose egged both days. Never again.
                          No I have never fished with him. Just heard him on the radio.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            Lol! I’m way too cheap!! I like the ocean perch rates!!
                            I want to come fish with you. Will probably be late Fall or more likely Spring next Spring

Comment

Originally posted by nick05 View Post

I was with Hendo… always a great time with Mexican gulf. I will b back in August hope gas goes down lol!

Nooooo….. I was with you Nicky G! Haha

Comment

I fish out of freeport often....we catch yellowfin at the floaters....Ive done Venice as well....its just not worth it at those prices any longer as far as I'm concerned

Comment

Working...
                                X