Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gas Prices Affect Your 22/23 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes on gas. But corn and protein have gone crazy too.

Comment

I’m glad of all years this one I had my by pass done. My surgeon said don’t think about doing anything related to that ranch till January or February.

Comment

Just think. There are some on this site who either voted for president pudding, or their significant other voted for him. And they will never admit it. But at least no more mean tweets.

FJB.

Comment

Every time you fill up, remember, Joe Biden and his ilk hate you and are happy as hell that you are paying through the nose for fuel. November can't come fast enough.

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;16266356]Hoping the Nov midterms have the Demo-rats dropping the price of fuel to try to win votes ….. “see what we did for you?”

Spot on forecast. They’re telegraphing that move as well as suggesting possible stimulus checks again. Hang in there fellers.

Comment

Very curious on how much deer processing fees will increase. I may not give away as much as I normally do to friends and family

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                I don't think it will during the season, but it has in the offseason. I normally try to go about every 3-4 weeks and so far I have been keeping it at about 6 weeks
                I’ve done this but also stopped being cheap in the game cam department and got some cell cams. Almost like being there

Comment

No changes as of today...

Comment

I have seen a significant drop off in the amount of weekend traffic on my county road. all of my neighbors are staying home this summer, and since i am the only game in town, i am seeing 3x the deer i usually do this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                      My boys and I usually make 6-8 trips to our lease in Childress between September to January. It takes one tank there and one back at $150 a tank.

$300 x 8 = $2,400 for gas!

It flipping makes me furious to think about it!
                      We will definitely be shaving those numbers down as much as possible but I hoping to not let it affect our over all season.
                      Krum to Childress = 204 miles/15mpg = 13.6gals x 2 = 27.2gals x $5.00gal = $136.00 x 8 = $1088.00
                      Last edited by Tbar; 06-20-2022, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Trying to figure a trip to Wyoming out in October. Last year we flew to Denver, rented a truck and drove the rest of the way. Southwest was $120 roundtrip and truck rental was about $600.This year airfare is about $300 and rental truck is about $1100. If we drive it is about 2500 miles roundtrip in a diesel truck that gets about 15mpg. Thinking might wait until early Sept to make a decision.

Comment

We’re worried about hunting and there are hundreds of thousands that can’t even afford the gas to get to work much less meals.

We have definitely slowed our roll and as much as I love hunting that is a want instead of a need !

Comment

It's appears most people are cutting back on driving at least to some extent. I know I am. It seems if this is the trend nationwide the demand for fuel would be diminishing somewhat.

Before I retired I drove 500-600 miles a week (in DFW traffic). Now my truck leaves my shop about once a week on average. As far as hunting I am fortunate that I can walk out of the shop to most of my stands or drive the Ranger to stands that are farther away.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                              It's appears most people are cutting back on driving at least to some extent. I know I am. It seems if this is the trend nationwide the demand for fuel would be diminishing somewhat.

Before I retired I drove 500-600 miles a week (in DFW traffic). Now my truck leaves my shop about once a week on average. As far as hunting I am fortunate that I can walk out of the shop to most of my stands or drive the Ranger to stands that are farther away.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              What is regular unleaded going for in your neck of the woods?

Comment

I am fortunate enough to be 15 miles from my deer stand. Getting ready to head over there now and see if any hogs need to be trapped.

Comment

Working...
                                X