Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
    Braid is absolutely terrible
    If you don’t know how to tie certain knots to join a mono or flouro leader to it, maybe. Otherwise, it outshines mono in many ways, including cast ability. Sensitivity, line capacity/lb, abrasion resistance, lifespan and more.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      I guess it is if you don’t like strength and sensitivity.
      It's been so long since you've caught a real fish you have no clue

Comment

Kind of hard to have a all around line that can effectively go from clear water river trout to lake Striper.

After spending the money to get to the fishing hole, saving a $1 on line is my least concern.

I change my line regularly based off of what I'm going for and what I'm throwing. Mono on some rods, fluorocarbon on some as well as a few with braid. The are all different tools.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Im moving to a 10 pound braid for most applications. Arkansas striper fishing I would go 20 pounds. They’ve pulled 67 pounders out of the lake my brother lives next too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            I'd personally try for one a lot bigger. 15 pounds is an awful small stripper. Not much to look at
            That's exactly what I was thinking. I hate to admit it, but I once saw a 300 lb stripper in New Orleans! Don't ask me why!

Comment

This thread has so much potential... to go south.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                That's exactly what I was thinking. I hate to admit it, but I once saw a 300 lb stripper in New Orleans! Don't ask me why!

Man that dang spell check really hosed me this time

Comment

This is almost as good as the “Tiny Lama Boots” thread.

Comment

��

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                      I use this on our spinning reels, with a fluro leader. But only because I can't, for the life of me EVER spool mono on a spinning reel without it wanting to "jump off".
                      We used to throw nothing but big game but there is just way to much stretch on it for me. Try some flouro specially with as clear as Travis is right now. Much better on the cranks as well.

Now at the coast I'm throwing nothing but braid.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        We used to throw nothing but big game but there is just way to much stretch on it for me. Try some flouro specially with as clear as Travis is right now. Much better on the cranks as well.

Now at the coast I'm throwing nothing but braid.
                        I’ve got a few rigged with fluro. But only for “single hook” stuff. Have never tried it for crankbaits, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Atleast you know she can fry chicken!

Comment

I will never go back to mono after using braid, so much better.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I recommend a sufix braid, 20 lb or less. If you want to get cute use a leader but in my experience even in clear water the trout don't require one.

Comment

#20 tied with fluoro leader it’s all I use

Comment

Working...
                                X