No announcement yet.

Bowhunting Sidearm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springfield XDM in 10mm. Load depends where I’m at. In bear country it’s some heavy hard cast; Texas I usually have hollow points in it. “For snakes and such”

Comment

Sig p365, appendix carry, 15 round mag plus 1 in the chamber, 12 round mag in my pocket.

Comment

G20

Comment

A G20 in a kenai chest holster loaded down with 220 gr hard cast solids should put you at ease……or you could borrow low fences’ unused nunchucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Whenever I’m in an area that has wild Russian feral boar hogs in it I ALWAYS carry these 2 items

1. Nunchucks
            2. A rape whistle

Luckily I’ve never had to use the nunchucks

Oh my that’s hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

357 GP 100 6 in with a couple of ratshot added

Comment

XD .40 or a .357 mutt, cobra barrel, security six lower end

Comment

One big advantage with a revolver is that you can load a couple of cylinders with shot shells if you want.

Comment

I guess the hogs are just less vicious where I'm at, they tend to run away so I don't generally carry a pistol when hunting. Oddly enough it's about the only time I don't carry a pistol or other gun.

But I guess if you're real worried about pigs, I would buy something like a Glock 19, or a different gun that's about the size of a Glock 19 that you like better like an m&p or XDM, etc , and then you have a good carry gun so you can go take your CHL class, or not nowadays, I forgot we have constitutional carry, and then you can carry a gun for when you might actually need it. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                      XD .40 or a .357 mutt, cobra barrel, security six lower end

X2 xd 40 underwood 155 xtp

Comment

Bowhunting Sidearm

I always carry. We don’t have hogs. We have 2 footed animals and a bear. Bears can be hell on feeders, lol. Thankfully, he likes the neighbors more than ours [emoji3]

Comment

Just curious, has anyone here actually been attacked by an unwounded hog unprovoked? I'm sure it has happened, but I know an awful lot of hunters, and I've never heard of it happening. Friend of a friend of a friend doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                            Just curious, has anyone here actually been attacked by an unwounded hog unprovoked? I'm sure it has happened, but I know an awful lot of hunters, and I've never heard of it happening. Friend of a friend of a friend doesn't count.
                            Heck yeah!

One member had a friend that was being attacked by a Wild Russian boar hog. Almost made her dead… but luckily her dad taught her how to shoot under pressure and she made a 300 yard shot off hand… in the dark I believe and killed the mighty beast! But then she died… but then she lived again, so it all worked out

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post

Unwounded? Never here.....

Wounded? ....yes. My Dad and I were chased buy a wounded pig.... and Fishndude has a good story or two. The heavy **** I have tracked in the past few years including some in the dark, I'm not going in alone (or with an army) looking for a hopefully dead pig without a pistol. A grunt or two and the sound of multiple footsteps is a little unnerving in the new moon dark..

Comment

Drop leg Ruger GP100 .357 6"

Comment

Working...
                                X