$700 for a suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    Every test that Dead Air has conducted with them has put them within 1 DB of each other. You’ll never notice a decibel. I contract for Dead Air during SHOT the past few years, but had to turn it down this year. I’m also best friends with the national sales manager, and have been good friends with the owners just as long. I’ve shot most every can before they were even remotely teased about being launched as well, with the exception of the Odessa and Nomad. I was running the Ti on my 6.5 SAUM 6-8 months before they were ever launched. Suppression wise they’re practically identical with a very slightly different tone.
    You are saying the Nomad and TI are 1 DB apart? Yes 1 DB is nothing if so. 3-4 on the other hand is worth it.

If only 1 DB off, the TI is cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by das7777 View Post
      Do most of the Silencer co. dealers offer the SPEQ discount for LE?
      Only certain dealers do. I believe Capital Armory is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        You are saying the Nomad and TI are 1 DB apart? Yes 1 DB is nothing if so. 3-4 on the other hand is worth it.

If only 1 DB off, the TI is cheaper
        In direct thread configuration MAP pricing is the same. Not saying that certain dealers don’t find ways around MAP to sweeten the deal though. The Ti is also heavier, longer, and less versatile. I really do like the Ti, but I prefer a shorter can, especially if that shorter can is lighter. The Ti will be a more robust can though. It’s a full stellite baffle stack identical to the L, but with a titanium tube instead of inconel. Meaning it’ll take the same abuse the Sandman S & L will.

Comment

The Ti will be a more robust can though. It’s a full stellite baffle stack identical to the L, but with a titanium tube instead of inconel. Meaning it’ll take the same abuse the Sandman S & L will.
          But one would be foolish to run full auto through a DT can. That's asking for a baffle strike.

Comment

In direct thread configuration MAP pricing is the same. Not saying that certain dealers don’t find ways around MAP to sweeten the deal though. The Ti is also heavier, longer, and less versatile. I really do like the Ti, but I prefer a shorter can, especially if that shorter can is lighter. The Ti will be a more robust can though. It’s a full stellite baffle stack identical to the L, but with a titanium tube instead of inconel. Meaning it’ll take the same abuse the Sandman S & L will.
            Ok. Thank you for the knowledge.

I was told the TI and L are quieter then the Omega. And that the Nomad is not as quiet as the Omega. So there lies my confusion.

I love my Omega, but was looking for something a few DB quieter for my next can.

Comment

The Omega performs very well in its class. I’m not sure that you’d ever notice the difference in performance unless side by side. Where the Nomad stands apart is the mounting system and durability. The Omega is also lighter than the Nomad, so they’ve each got their strong points. Honestly if you choose the right can features for the job I doubt you’ll ever be dissatisfied with any of them. Just don’t choose a Specwar to run on a #4 hunting rifle, then you’ll definitely notice the cons.

Comment

Check out the yhm resonator

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  But one would be foolish to run full auto through a DT can. That's asking for a baffle strike.
                  I probably wouldn’t do a ful mag dump as that’s more time and rounds for the can to back off, but I wouldn’t hesitate to do 3-5 rounds burst after the cam has been checked for thread engagement.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    For your stated purposes an AAC 7.62 SDN-6 can be bought for the mid $500 range and will do everything you need it to.

It ain’t the newest fanciest can out there but it’s a workhorse that will serve you well and save you some $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where are you seeing this price?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Where are you seeing this price?

This is the most recent.

AAC AAC 762-SDN-6 Rifle Silencer 7.62mm NATO/.300 AAC Blackout 7.66 Inches 51T Ratchet Mount

Grab a Gun and Capitol armory run them for $550 or under from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        This is the most recent.

AAC AAC 762-SDN-6 Rifle Silencer 7.62mm NATO/.300 AAC Blackout 7.66 Inches 51T Ratchet Mount

Grab a Gun and Capitol armory run them for $550 or under from time to time.

Great price for a solid can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I gave $960 in 2012 when I snagged mine. $550 is a lot easier to swallow. Also the M4-2000 runs sub $400 on occasion, and is an excellent 556 can with the same mount as the SDN6.

Comment

What’s it cost to get the license to be legal to buy these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No such thing as a license. They do require a $200 tax stamp per item though. So if you want to buy 3 suppressors then it’s $600, and you’ll pay that $200 for every suppressor, short barreled rifle, short barreled shotgun, full auto, or AOW that you purchase. It also takes approximately 8-12 months for the tax stamp to get approved after you purchase the item and submit the forms for it, and only then can you take possession of said item.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                                Why you say that? possibility of backing off?
                                I ran 2 30rd mags of binary fire through mine pretty quickly. she got plenty warm for sure! I think there is still some of my burnt skin on my can.

Comment

Working...
                                X