No announcement yet.

Nilgai gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have killed 2 and used 30-378 165 grain tsx bullet, did the job.

Comment

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=711941

Not mine but sounds like a good deal.

Comment

I loaded up some 180 grainers in 30.06 for a friend who killed a Nilgai with them.

Comment

So I came across a good deal on a ruger hawkeye ftw in 7 rem mag. So now I need to find some good bullets to shoot out of the 1-9.5 twist.

Comment

175 gr Nosler Partition
            150 Gr Nosler E tip
            160 gr Swift A Frame

Comment

whats the green screens opinion on shooting one with a well loaded 45-70?

Comment

Originally posted by acopperdawg View Post
                Probably take anything on the planet

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by acopperdawg View Post
                  I would if i wasn't worried about the distance. should defiantly take them down

Comment

Best not to leave anything to chance. Just convince the wife you need a 460 weatherby magnum. Rule#1 better to have and not need than need and not have

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Always thought a 416 would be awesome on them. One trip down one of the King Ranch guides said a guy came down every year and hunted with one. The said it was a smackdown.

Comment

My 300 win mag was great for nilgai! 180 grain sat

Comment

30-06 worked great for each and knocked it down first shot. Shoot right up the shoulder. Shot was 215 yards on Norias at King Ranch and on top of a sand dune shooting down into an oak Mott. I use 165 grain Barnes triple shock since it's the most accurate for me. Definitely not the most knock down power in a bullet but works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I also had the lightest gun in our group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

since I have one in the safe, I would pull out my 338 win mag, load it with 225 grain nosler partitions and go to town. But that is Just me. I am sure anything 7MM and above would work, and anything .30 cal and above would work better.

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                                Always thought a 416 would be awesome on them. One trip down one of the King Ranch guides said a guy came down every year and hunted with one. The said it was a smackdown.
                                That's an excellent idea. If I ever get a chance I might go with the Rigby. I just remembered I have a couple of them in the safe

Comment

Working...
                                X