Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that anyone but myself cares but the Mustangs are still undefeated and ranked but I’m still not sure how good we really are. Need BYU to lose one more to Baylor this week and just keep winning and that would set up a really big game in November against Cincy. I really think the horns are on the right path. Need more and better, big uglies on both sides of the ball to be big time good. Certainly have the skill kids to be big time. As for the Ags, they just seem to be all over the place as usual. Talent is there both skill wise and in the trenches but just don’t seem to be able to string together consistent performances on both sides of the ball. Maybe Saturday was the catalyst to push them over the top. I am a fan of all of Texas college football and as such, really follow all of the teams. Remember it is all relative, but I’m telling you the two biggest surprises are UTSA and UTEP. I know neither has played the likes of Alabama or Oklahoma, but considering where those two programs have been and come from, pretty remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      No flukes but it was a game of inches on several plays rarely going Texas way as usual lol. For instance Washington caught a pass at the one with 2" of his foot out of bounds at the 1 that would have given them a 1st down. Instead they had to settle for a FG in the second half. On the flip side, Mims made a spectacular catch, much like Washington, and his foot was so close to the sideline you couldn't fit a "fine hair" into the gap between his foot and the white. That ended up in a TD for them instead of a 4th down FG. Both legitimately called, I just laughed at the difference and my luck. Then the strip with the OU RBs knee hitting the ground a split second before it came out and the punt that hit the Longhorn in the shoulder with two Sooners standing around him and the returner instead of hitting one of the Sooners......Things like that...Texas bad luck
      You forgot to mention the receiver running out of bounds un touched and then coming back in to catch a 30 yard pass on 3 and 19. Ruled a catch because he was "forced " out of bounds.,

Comment

Hook ‘em

Comment

Ags came together as a team finally. Actually looking forward to the rest of the season!

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
            You forgot to mention the receiver running out of bounds un touched and then coming back in to catch a 30 yard pass on 3 and 19. Ruled a catch because he was "forced " out of bounds.,

I didn't want to mention excuses or poor officiating with oktx lurking. I was just talking about the game of inches.

So now that you mentioned it, I saw where they didn't even review that part of the play.......The review was just to see if the catch was made. That was so early in the game though, there is no telling how it would have unfolded later. The only sure thing is they would not have had 7 points on that drive since it would have been 4th and long.. If I am not mistaken that was another example of Texas DBs crappy ball skills at the point of a reception. OU receiver made a great catch.
            Last edited by Smart; 10-11-2021, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post

It’s a Scott Campbell crew a s the list is long! He and his crews are notoriously bad!

The sequence on a single play that was a big play in the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Probably not really much to talk about in CFB circles this week.

Just a reminder, several posts pushed or exceeded the line of what is acceptable here last week. Quite a few posts got a little personal, regardless of how many asterisks you used. Let's clean that up.
                Hmmm, sounds like a normal week on the CFB thread.

Comment

Y’all call that worthy a fumble on the kickoff. That was not a fumble that was a lot stronger dude pulling the ball away from a skinny freshman .

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    Lmao sec shorts never misses!!! [emoji1787] on to our next opponent, a double digit favorite at our house [emoji2359]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "At least we're not LSU!"🤣🤣

Comment

Officiating, it won't be any better in the SEC. What did OU have, 1 penalty, lol.

The receiver going out of bounds was huge as it was 3rd down and lead to points, but there was another big miss in the second half when Caleb Williams was hit before he threw the ball and Texas recovered. That play was never reviewed. Oh, well. It's part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                        Y’all call that worthy a fumble on the kickoff. That was not a fumble that was a lot stronger dude pulling the ball away from a skinny freshman .

Potatoes Po-tah-toes... Are we really going to get that explicit?

Comment

No, I called that a strip.

Comment

True, A bonehead play that should have never happened. That was the second time he did it and didn't make it to the 20 either time.

Comment

He had the ball....then he didn't have the ball.

Its scored as fumbles versus fumbles lost... Its not strips or a lot stronger dude pulling the ball away from a skinny freshman versus strips lost or a lot stronger dude pulling the ball away from a skinny freshman lost... Lets agree that it was a strip fumble..

Either way, I agree he should not come out.....
                              Last edited by Smart; 10-11-2021, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                To be honest with you the whole 100 games over unranked teams and 24-0 over his assistant coaches records I was tired of hearing it myself , I never want to see them lose but I'm glad I don't have to hear Gary Danielson constantly talk about it every game . I'm interested to see how they respond to a loss .

Comment

Working...
                                X