Goldee’s BBQ Ft Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
    Hadn't ever heard of it. What part of town is that? I usually don't stray too far from Angelo's, and Railhead BBQ
    Kennedale/Rendon. South of 20. Used to be Kenneth's BBQ back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
      By this logic Joe Ts and Pappacitos is is the best mex food in town. Lol. And Primos makes the best turkey calls. Popularity contests rarely reveal where the quality lies

In a consumer driven market, if a product is overpriced or inferior in quality they would have to adjust or fold.

Market drives success or failure, especially in small business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        It's pretty smart. Just make somebody think they are missing out on something and they will stack up if you have a good product. Plus, city folks will pay more. It's science. Nothings overpriced if you can sell it.

This joint isn’t in “the city”. Until now I’ve never heard of them. Again market driven small businesses will fail if they are truly overpriced, or if the food sucks. I’m betting they don’t have a huge marketing machine pumping them up like let’s say Hornady. [emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          In a consumer driven market, if a product is overpriced or inferior in quality they would have to adjust or fold.

Market drives success or failure, especially in small business.

Not wrong, but maybe they just don't make that much bbq? I have no idea.

Comment

Have y'all seen tge price of briskets in the store? It's crazy. I haven't cooked one in two years. I'm not paying 65.00 for one. Then they have prime and wagyu for over 100.00.

These days good brisket joints are everywhere. It's all getting more expensive thanks to the new Texas BBQ revolution started in Austin a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              Not wrong, but maybe they just don't make that much bbq? I have no idea.

I think a lot of them these days are buying really high dollar briskets… Which kind of defeats the purpose of brisket to begin with. But they have to make up for the fact that they aren’t that great a cooks. They only cook enough so that they know they can sell out to keep unsold inventory minimal, and income predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I think a lot of them these days are buying really high dollar briskets… Which kind of defeats the purpose of brisket to begin with. But they have to make up for the fact that they aren’t that great a cooks. They only cook enough so that they know they can sell out to keep unsold inventory minimal, and income predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Pretty much how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Have y'all seen tge price of briskets in the store? It's crazy. I haven't cooked one in two years. I'm not paying 65.00 for one. Then they have prime and wagyu for over 100.00.

These days good brisket joints are everywhere. It's all getting more expensive thanks to the new Texas BBQ revolution started in Austin a few years ago.

Yep, I stock up when they on sale. Can get a choice brisket for about $2/lb two or three times/yr. I can cook a 12 lber for about $25(plus wood) and we can eat on it for a month or so

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    This joint isn’t in “the city”. Until now I’ve never heard of them. Again market driven small businesses will fail if they are truly overpriced, or if the food sucks. I’m betting they don’t have a huge marketing machine pumping them up like let’s say Hornady. [emoji51]

Relative to my location, it's city. Anything over 75k population is a city to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      Relative to my location, it's city. Anything over 75k population is a city to me.

Well yeah there’s that.

Comment

Had no idea Goldee's was even there. I pass by it everyday on my way home... I tend to go to Jambo's in Rendon off of 1187. Pretty good stuff. The "Texan" will fill you up plus...
                        Last edited by WilliamL; 03-05-2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
                          By this logic Joe Ts and Pappacitos is is the best mex food in town. Lol. And Primos makes the best turkey calls. Popularity contests rarely reveal where the quality lies
                          What the h*** is wrong with Joe T's? Not everyone can have a Slab's Special dinner every night.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Off the Bone-$14.90/lb brisket
                            Hickory Stick-$16-$17/lb brisket
                            David's BBQ-$14.99/lb brisket

These places are nothing fancy. Just straight forward, salt of the earth type places that have been around for decades. Just your basic bbq joint that you can go in and get a lunch special for $8 or $9.

Nobody said Goldee's wasn't good. I just said I wasn't gonna pay $25/lb for brisket. Like mentioned above, it's all marketing

You are absolutely correct about the marketing, I've been to David's pretty darn good grub. The one I think is over high priced is Coopers. And I didn't know we had a shortage??
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                              What the h*** is wrong with Joe T's? Not everyone can have a Slab's Special dinner every night.
                              Atmosphere is great. Food isn't great but edible. Pappasitos is better. They actually have mesquite grilled fajitas and freshly made tortillas. I was wondering what was wrong with it.

Comment

Y'all keep saying new trucks are overpriced and most dealers are sold out by 1:00(if that's the pricing yardstick).

Pork butt > brisket.

Comment

Working...
                                X