Purchased new gun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchased new gun!

I recently bought a 10/22 from budsguns. There is a spot where it has a bit of a gouge in the edge of the metal near the breech. I did not notice it when I picked it up. If it were you would you try to exchange it for another, possibly get a partial refund, or just let it go? Not really sure how much of a hassle it will be and if it is worth the time and effort. I could overlook it I guess, it just kind of bugs me. Thanks for your time.
    Attached Files

Just enjoy shooting it...

Comment

I know most FFL will not or can not take a gun back it would be between buyer and manufacture. The FFL or seller of the gun sometimes facilitate the process. The gun was bought and serial number logged on paperwork can’t just give it back for an exchange. And that’s probably where they’ll stand you took possession of it they’ll say. Doesn’t hurt to ask

Comment

If I bought a new gun, I’d expect a new, unblemished gun. Regardless if it were a $300 gun or $3,000 gun. Just my $.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm gonna guess once you left the FFL, it's yours

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
            I would do the same. I’d be miffed if it was a collector’s grade gun with diminished value. I also understand that you purchased a new rifle and it shouldn’t be damaged.

How long have you had it? I don’t know Bud’s policy, but may have to identify issue before leaving FFL.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
              I will. Was hoping someone would say they have returned one and it wasn't a huge PIA. Figured as such.

Comment

I have never heard of a funstore taking a return on a firearm, so you may have to contact ruger to see what they say about it.

Comment

I returned a Savage to Bass Pro Shops and they agreed to the return.

This was an in person transaction, so not exactly the same.

Just an FYI.

I would have a conversation with Buds for sure. Because it was not mentioned when you picked it up, you might be SOL.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                    If I bought a new gun, I’d expect a new, unblemished gun. Regardless if it were a $300 gun or $3,000 gun. Just my $.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Same here! And, as far as I’m concerned, it should be up to the seller (assuming you bought from a retailer or direct from the manufacturer) to resolve any issues related to records-keeping, registrations, or warranties and guarantees tied to serial numbers.

This said, I think it’s important to note that, although you may spend a little more, you’re better off trading with an independent, locally owned gun store, where even if they don’t remember your name, they recognize your face, rather than shopping at a mass-market retail store where, although you may save a few bucks, their commitment to customer service is limited to the conformity and egalitarianism imposed by the inflexibility of their rules as prescribed by the corporate office.

In my case, I’ve taken it a step further and made it a point to cultivate a relationship with the owners and staff of my favorite local gun shop. In fact, it’s no coincidence that my hair salon is right next door so that every time I get my roots touched up, my hair glossed, or my brows waxed (and, d***, no matter how long I’ve been doing this, it still hurts like a MF’r!), I make it a point to stop in and say, “Hi! Got anything new I haven’t seen yet?” And here’s an important post script, although I may not buy something every time I stop in, I believe it’s because of my regular “check-ins” that they’ve also begun holding back the ammo they know I need when it comes in! Well, that and my dazzling new highlights.)
                    Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 04-02-2021, 09:00 PM.

Comment

I’d own up to not checking it over real well in the store. Spray a little paint on it and enjoy.

Comment

You left with it. Enjoy the gun and put some more scratches on it. I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

Comment

I’d be happy it wasn’t a more expensive piece, then I’d enjoy treating it as a tool since someone already took the difficult part away for me. The first one is always the hardest. After that enjoy it.

Comment

I ordered $1000 rifle online and came in with a scratch in the cerakote. I don't really care, it's gonna get used and have other scratches on it anyway.

Comment

It use to be the beauty of buying a gun at a store. If I found a scratch on it I would beat them down on price some.

Comment

Working...
                              X