Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nueces River Retreat annual spring TBH trip - You ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish are biting great. One could catch as many white bass as they wanted off the dock. Caught 4 decent catfish also. Didn't fish hard as we were there to set up and work.

Dock is all good to go. A tad over 4' deep on back side and over 8' deep on the far side. Crappie were right against the bank in 1-2' of water.

A few things we will need.
    1. Charcoal and/or fire wood (if we want to cook over the fire pit). I have some fire wood but it's not oak or mesquite.
    2. A cast net wouldn't hurt. I have a few but most need repairs.
    3. Rechargeable spotlight for the boat.

4. Bring warm clothes in case you want to fish late at night.
    5. Everyone bring a sleeping bag/pillow. We probably have enough but I won't want to be doing 10 loads of laundry after everyone leaves.
    6. We will clean some but leave the cleaning lady some money to really clean after we leave. We will be tired that last day I promise.

Riverrat1 -Tim - March 14-22
    Banzai - 15-19
    Canoe - 16-17
    JonB - 19-21

Add your name to the list if you want to go.
    We have a total of 9 beds. So plenty of room for more people. Load your freezer with all the fish you care to clean and hang out with TBHers.

Comment

sounds like it could be a great time. I’m taking the kids camping in Bend for a few days or I’d commit to going.

Comment

The stairs look great! Major upgrade.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
          The stairs look great! Major upgrade.

The "dock" or pontoon boat has been there for as long as I can remember. Hopefully it's built to withstand the next flood. There's only 5 steps and the rest is a retractable ramp.

Comment

You did good on the stairs. Lots better than last year.

Comment

If yall were there this weekend I wouldve swung in to say hi

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

ZZTEX 14th-whenever. Sounds like a great time. Used to saltwater fishing, but sure I can adapt. In to bring stuff. Let me know what you could use. I have a brisket in the freezer and I cook a pretty good gumbo

Comment

Dam, Tim, me and Laura were looking to partake but the 14th is the last day of spring break for us. Next year for sure

Comment

Banzai - 15-19
                    Canoe - 16-17
                    JonB - 19-21
                    Oneeye - 19-21 (possibly)
                    Bow4my2 - 19-21
                    zztex - 17-21

BuckHunter332 - maybe 19-21 - maybe take some of us bow fishing?

Looking like a good group. I still haven't had time to plan properly for this trip as far as food goes. We only have a small (real small) grill for outside cooking but could cook over the fire if someone brings good cooking wood. Someone can bring a smoker if some guys want to hang out and cook on Saturday.

Comment

I've got some hardwood scraps I can send with you, you could to cook with

Comment

Banzai - 15-19
                        Canoe - 16-17
                        JonB - 19-21
                        Oneeye - 19-21
                        Bow4my2 - 19-21
                        zztex - 17-21
                        BuckHunter332 - maybe 19-21

I'm heading out tomorrow to start getting things ready. PM or text me if anyone needs directions or if plans change.

If I get lines out I plan to start keeping fish and cleaning them so there should be plenty for everyone to take home without us cleaning fish all day Sunday (the last day we're there).

I'll try to update again maybe Sunday if I get to fishing Saturday night.

Comment

Looking forward to it!!!

Comment

Is anyone coming here from Spring area?
                            I've got a bag of duck decoys I need to get to another member up there

Comment

Hey, this is Tim's son. We just got here, got my grandpa fishing and caught a couple whites and a gasper goo. Lots of bait in the net. Fish biting pretty good!

Comment

Off 17-18, might try and swing by and partake in the shenanigans.

Comment

Working...
                                X