Palestine Lawyer Recommendation Speeding Ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
    Yes and no. I got one in Houston. 46 mph in a 30 mph section of a 4 lane road. Not a school zone, just a nice section for a speed trap. I watched them pull over so many people while I was it wasn't funny. 4 cops working that beat. If you think it was for public safety your probably misled. That is for revenue.
    Hard for them to collect revenue if your not speeding. They set up those operations on certain sections of roads because people are known to speed in that area a lot. Don't want a ticket, slow down. And this is coming from someone who used to get a speeding ticket almost once a week for several years. I had a lead foot when I was younger. I have learned to slow down and enjoy life. Your not really getting where your going that much quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      Hard for them to collect revenue if your not speeding. They set up those operations on certain sections of roads because people are known to speed in that area a lot. Don't want a ticket, slow down. And this is coming from someone who used to get a speeding ticket almost once a week for several years. I had a lead foot when I was younger. I have learned to slow down and enjoy life. Your not really getting where your going that much quicker.
      Only reason people are speeding is a speed limit too slow for road size and volume of traffic. No good reason a 4 lane road should be 30MPH. This is a thoroughfare that is 20+ miles long.

Comment

As an insurance agent, at least with company, we would not up your rates even with two tickets. We only do that for accidents. However, taking DD would get rid of one ticket and give you a discount on your rates for three years. So I would suggest you go ahead and do that to save your self some money. If you haven’t had a ticket in decades, why bother with a lawyer. You likely won’t get another ticket anytime soon anyway.

Comment

Showing up for court or hiring a lawyer to show up will often drop fines in half and get you deferred. Lawyer just saves you time in showing up to court.

Comment

Did you get the tickets from PPD, sheriff, or state trooper?

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
              Deferred adjudication, or just pay them. The cost of a lawyer may be greater than the small increase in your insurance...if there even is one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              The OP can either pay the extra 50-100 bucks for deferred...or he can pay the lawyer an extra couple grand to get him deferred. It’s on him to do the math.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                Showing up for court or hiring a lawyer to show up will often drop fines in half and get you deferred. Lawyer just saves you time in showing up to court.
                Lawyer don’t save nothing. Odds are, he can do deferred when he walks up to the counter to pay. It ain’t that hard and there is no need for court.

Comment

Contest it and represent yourself. Don't try to get them dismissed, go in and just ask for deferred adjudication then keep it clean for 6 months and they are dismissed.

If they say no, ask if you can take defensive driving for both. With court approval, I believe you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                    Only reason people are speeding is a speed limit too slow for road size and volume of traffic. No good reason a 4 lane road should be 30MPH. This is a thoroughfare that is 20+ miles long.
                    You break the law & complain about getting caught. Don't speed & don't get a ticket. Makes no difference if you think it is a speed trap or not. Speed limit posted & you decide to speed ,because you think it should be higher. SMDH.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                      Lawyer don’t save nothing. Odds are, he can do deferred when he walks up to the counter to pay. It ain’t that hard and there is no need for court.
                      Ok, just not my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                        Hard for them to collect revenue if your not speeding. They set up those operations on certain sections of roads because people are known to speed in that area a lot. real
                        r.
                        Lol

Yea right

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                          Contest it and represent yourself. Don't try to get them dismissed, go in and just ask for deferred adjudication then keep it clean for 6 months and they are dismissed.

If they say no, ask if you can take defensive driving for both. With court approval, I believe you can.
                          This sounds right to me. Last ticket I received the JP had the deferred adjudication process plainly written out once I contacted them. Process went just as BigL described in first paragraph.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            You break the law & complain about getting caught. Don't speed & don't get a ticket. Makes no difference if you think it is a speed trap or not. Speed limit posted & you decide to speed ,because you think it should be higher. SMDH.
                            Funny how it works!

Comment

Do I yourself lawyer just waste of money.

Comment

Your Palestine and Anderson traffic ticket lawyer will fight to dismiss the ticket, save you money, and clear your driving record, even if you have a CDL. Tell us about your case.

$110+ for each offense. My time is worth more than that. Plus the judge and DA get their palms greased.

Comment

Working...
                                X