Palestine Lawyer Recommendation Speeding Ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palestine Lawyer Recommendation Speeding Ticket

I haven't had a ticket in decades and was in a hurry to get to the lease before the rain hit to do some work.

Received 2... speeding and the light changed quicker than I expected so I busted that too.

Was just curious if using an attorney is the way to go these days? If so, would anyone recommend one in Palestine area for this situation?

Thanks!

I would look into defensive driving and possibly keep it off of your record.

Comment

So.. You broke two laws and want an attorney to fight it? Go to Defensive Driving and avoid breaking the law. Luckily someone's grandmother wasn't in the intersection.

I am a little salty as last night my truck was rear ended and looks like it will be a total loss.

Comment

I was planning on doing that for one, but that won't dismiss both.

Comment

Slow down Turboe

Comment

Defensive driving will probably be the best route to keep it off your record. I would call and speak with a clerk at the city/county office if you're not local. Don't think there's need for an attorney unless it was more severe (DUI/20+over/arrested/etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
              So.. You broke two laws and want an attorney to fight it? Go to Defensive Driving and avoid breaking the law. Luckily someone's grandmother wasn't in the intersection.

I am a little salty as last night my truck was rear ended and looks like it will be a total loss.
              You're correct, I am lucky something bad didn't happen and I deserve the bashing. I know I made the mistakes. This isn't how I normally drive and usually people are giving me a hard time because I drive slower than most.

Sorry about your situation.

Comment

may look into deferred adjudication as well. you may be ablet o take DD for one and defer the other. Just don't get a ticket in 90 days in the same county and it will go away.
                That's if my memory serves me correctly.

I don't think a lawyer is going to be able to help you, nor would it be financially beneficial even if he could.

Comment

You need the “Tough, Smart, Texas Hammer... that sends flowers”

Comment

I don't get why guys don't do deferred..I do it for every ticket and have a clean record. Usually $50 more than the fines. If I was speeding I owe the funds to the working city as they did their job and caught me.

Comment

Deferred adjudication, or just pay them. The cost of a lawyer may be greater than the small increase in your insurance...if there even is one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Turboe View Post
                        You're correct, I am lucky something bad didn't happen and I deserve the bashing. I know I made the mistakes. This isn't how I normally drive and usually people are giving me a hard time because I drive slower than most.

Sorry about your situation.
                        No worries I just wanted to yell at someone LOL. I get it. I am the grandpa driver as well. Family pics on me a LOT for it. Only time I really speed is to DQ for ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                          If I was speeding I owe the funds to the working city as they did their job and caught me.

Yes and no. I got one in Houston. 46 mph in a 30 mph section of a 4 lane road. Not a school zone, just a nice section for a speed trap. I watched them pull over so many people while I was it wasn't funny. 4 cops working that beat. If you think it was for public safety your probably misled. That is for revenue.

Comment

Saul Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              You need the “Tough, Smart, Texas Hammer... that sends flowers”
                              Jim Adler=Texas Hammer
                              R.A. Gabriel: Lawyer who sends flowers.

Not sure why I know that. Lol

Who he needs is the Texas Law Hawk.

Comment

Working...
                              X