No announcement yet.

Infant Immunization yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad that, for now at least, we're free to research and make decisions for ourselves. Or take the government and pharmaceutical companies without question. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
      I'm glad that, for now at least, we're free to research and make decisions for ourselves. Or take the government and pharmaceutical companies without question. [emoji3]

Definitely a few bad apples out there but pharma is not the enemy...

Comment

Originally posted by Tcooper93 View Post
        Definitely a few bad apples out there but pharma is not the enemy...

Not at all. Medicine (and vaccines) undoubtedly have saved and continue to save lives.

But occasionally something gets pushed through a little too quickly and it's determined that side effects outweigh the benefits in the long run. It's my understanding that vaccines are the most recalled class of pharmaceuticals.

Occasionally data gets twisted and misinterpreted. I imagine that occasionally profits have enough emphasis on them that medicine is over-prescribed.

I think it's possible that mass overuse of many things (narcotic, antibiotics, NSAIDs, sanitizers, inexpensive processed foods and possibly even certain vaccines) MIGHT play a role in many of the diseases of civilization. Among them ADHD, allergies, diabetes, HTN, alzheimer's, obesity, metabolic syndrome, auto-immune, auto-inflammatory, etc.

Then again, maybe it's coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
          I would also add that when otherwise healthy children's parents choose to not have them vaccinated, it puts the lives of immunocompromised children who cannot be vaccinated at risk as well
          Then why would the federal government (and local government) allow illegal immigrants to come to the USA eithout vaccinations? In order for herd vaccinations to work, wouldn't immigrants count as the herd?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

do some research on herd immunity - vaccinations are most effective when EVERYONE in the community is vaccinated
            Ok wait...so with that “herd logic”, those that choose not to vaccine and put their kids at a potential risk should just take one for the team in your opinion?

The point of my earlier post was that it should be up to the individuals to decide what’s best for them and their children. Period

But hey....I’ve always been a “you do you and I’ll do me” kinda guy.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
              Then why would the federal government (and local government) allow illegal immigrants to come to the USA eithout vaccinations? In order for herd vaccinations to work, wouldn't immigrants count as the herd?

I'm Sorry...I meant to say it takes a 'willing' herd.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Ok wait...so with that “herd logic”, those that choose not to vaccine and put their kids at a potential risk should just take one for the team in your opinion?

The point of my earlier post was that it should be up to the individuals to decide what’s best for them and their children. Period

But hey....I’ve always been a “you do you and I’ll do me” kinda guy.

huh? you asked a question in bold font "why do you pro vaccinated folks worry about non vaccinated children passing something along" and I gave you an answer

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post

they certainly count - I believe regardless of immigration status when children are enrolled in public school they are required to provide proof of vaccinations although admittedly I am unsure of how well that policy is enforced

Comment

they certainly count - I believe regardless of immigration status when children are enrolled in public school they are required to provide proof of vaccinations although admittedly I am unsure of how well that policy is enforced
                    There are waivers that can be obtained through the state, both the waiver (last for two years) and current shot records are kept on file should a child not have everything per the suggested vac schedule. Same for private school.
                    Last edited by Chad C; 05-08-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      There are waivers that can be obtained through the state, both the waiver (last for two years) and current shot records are kept on file should a child not have everything per the suggested vac schedule. Same for private school.
                      I think that's a good policy assuming they don't hand out waivers like candy and I would hope that some are mandatory (polio, meningitis etc.) - I'm all for people making their own choices but your right to "do you" ends when you want your kiddo in the same publicly funded classroom as mine carrying a potentially deadly disease

Comment

Yes, it’s called scientific progress based on research and new technology. It’s kind of how everything works!

I'm not saying I agree with his quote regarding vaccinations, but what you're saying is pretty ignorant. To assume that all new technology and new science is automatically better is pretty dumb. You think diet coke is actually better for you than regular coke lol? Because that was "new technology" at one time to solve the sugar crisis we have in America. We have more preservatives in our food than ever before thanks to "new technology".

Comment

I think that's a good policy assuming they don't hand out waivers like candy and I would hope that some are mandatory (polio, meningitis etc.) - I'm all for people making their own choices but your right to "do you" ends when you want your kiddo in the same publicly funded classroom as mine carrying a potentially deadly disease
                          Nothing is mandatory in the State of Texas, First Amendment comes into play.. Only a suggested/recommended schedule provided by the CDC.
                          Last edited by Chad C; 05-08-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Wait, THE Persian prince? As in, the poll making flying carpet Persian prince?? Ali Bubba?????????

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                              I'm not saying I agree with his quote regarding vaccinations, but what you're saying is pretty ignorant. To assume that all new technology and new science is automatically better is pretty dumb. You think diet coke is actually better for you than regular coke lol? Because that was "new technology" at one time to solve the sugar crisis we have in America. We have more preservatives in our food than ever before thanks to "new technology".

Thanks for your comments...dumb and ignorant per you but I will continue to advocate for the health of children and adults through vaccination based on randomized, clinical trial data. Carry on!

Comment

Thanks for your comments...dumb and ignorant per you but I will continue to advocate for the health of children and adults through vaccination based on randomized, clinical trial data. Carry on!

here we go again - calling names when someone disagrees with you. that seems to be the common response across the board when there is no good argument to back up one's viewpoint - just sling mud.

Comment

Working...
                                X