• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    So what you're saying is..... is you're old

Kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      That is greatness! Crazy that you still have that thing.
      I been finding things I forgot I had. Even found my FFA jacket and I can still put it on. I cant zip it though

Comment

Anything I had or did with my Dad was cooler than the stuff I can buy now...must have been the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          I grew up in the 60's and 70's coon hunting with my dad and his friend. They hunted hard and drove a big old Rambler station wagon with the dogs loaded in the back. I got paid to skin, scrape and hang the coon hides. My first "skinning money" was used to buy my own walking light and spotlight. Western Auto had a big 5 cell Ray O Vac sportsman light that I bought along with three battery extensions that screwed on the body. Gave me a total of 9 "D" batteries.I would buy bulbs by the case and go through them looking for the ones that gave the best spot without a dark center.

Dad used to call it Lucky 9, because of the 9 batteries it held and how bright it was. My walking light was a carbide lantern that hung off my hat with some wire. High tech

[ATTACH]1118484[/ATTACH]
          You could have brought that to the crappie fest Radar and kept Pat in line with it......

Comment

i remember those well , mine was alot shorter though . i still have it somwhere tucked away.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              You could have brought that to the crappie fest Radar and kept Pat in line with it......

I bring it this year in case he falls out of the boat again, it will give him something to hang on to when I fire up the big motor.

Comment

I bring it this year in case he falls out of the boat again, it will give him something to hang on to when I fire up the big motor.
                🤣🤣🤣....

On a side note, you need to come this year! We been missing you the last 2 years! 👍

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                  🤣🤣🤣....

On a side note, you need to come this year! We been missing you the last 2 years! 👍
                  If it aint real far away, I be there.

Comment

I been finding things I forgot I had. Even found my FFA jacket and I can still put it on. I cant zip it though

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Dad has my great grandad's similar to that Jeff

Don't think it holds 9 batteries but it holds a bunch

Comment

Great memories right there. Flashlights were a big deal to coon hunters. My dad and grandpa went once or twice a week....52 weeks a year. I remember when my dad upgraded to the Nite Lite. Big old battery pack on the belt, helmet with a flashlight, and some other stuff with it. Cheap chinese LEDs are probably brighter than that expensive light that cost a weeks pay.

Comment

Working...
                        X