What Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Protein

This will be my first year feeding protein and wanted to know what is a good protein that wont break the bank?

Any protein is better than none. Just find some 20% that is convenient to your feeders. Antler Max is my favorite.

Comment

With pricing nowadays all feed will break the bank.

Comment

Cheap feed is just that.
        PM if u want my .02

Comment

Im just feeding an all stock pellet right now, its $3 or $4 a bag cheaper, than the ones that have deer pictures on them. The deer gobble it up, just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
            Im just feeding an all stock pellet right now, its $3 or $4 a bag cheaper, than the ones that have deer pictures on them. The deer gobble it up, just the same.
            Where are you buying it? I've tried the All Stock from Atwoods and the deer didn't seem to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
              Where are you buying it? I've tried the All Stock from Atwoods and the deer didn't seem to like it.
              I get it at Teskys in Weatherford, (versatile pellet) by Bluebonnet. Ive fed all kinds of pellets thru the years, my deer aren't picky, they ate the Atwoods all stock pellets, just fine as well.

Comment

I fed allot during the drought of a small pellet creep feed (on average $4 per bag less than deer pellets) and the river ground deer ate the heck out of it. Just dumped another 350 lbs. worth last week into a gravity feeder.

I will take a picture of the tag next time I buy.

Rwc

Comment

What Protein

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post

My deer love all stock sweet feed. I hunt out west a bit in Runnels county. It took them about a month but now I can hand spread it all year and they find it and stay. Won’t hit the corn if sweet feed is out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok I set my Boss Buck up and put some 50/50 made by Boss Buck because that's what Atwoods had on sale. The deer and hogs tore it up so it didn't last long. So I went shopping at Tractor Supply and Atwoods for some All Stock and they were both out so I ended up buying some Record Rack and for 4 days they haven't touched it.

Comment

As pointed out earlier, the cheapest you can get is better than nothing. That being said I feed Lyssy & Eckels, not cheap but great results.

Comment

M&G 16% is what I feed.

Comment

What about cottonseed for deer protein?

Comment

I feed 13% Natural All Stock from Tractor Supply. It’s $12.49/bag with a 5% discount if you buy 20 or more bags.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
                              What about cottonseed for deer protein?
                              Very hard to get this year. And if you can find it, very expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X