X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's over for me. Fish will die

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I thought it was going to be tag soup, but ended up not being.

Nothing to write home about, just a typical 6-7 yo dude, that hasn’t gotten any better over the last two seasons, so rent was due. I wasn’t gonna (nor, can afford to) feed him for another year.

Comment

Pulled all cameras, shut down water and secured stands even added a new one yesterday. Second year in a row we haven't killed a buck on our place. Opportunities where there last year but I think I'm the only one that saw a shooter this year

Wife asked for a pig and she got one Saturday. I didn't kill a single porker this year. Nothing to complain about there I guess but when you go from shooting 20 a season to 2 all year

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice shooting Mrs. Q. Congrats

Comment

Does anyone know where you can get 4 x 4 steel frames for deer blinds around the Houston area?

Comment

Pulled sets Sunday and did a lot of scouting and snooping. Moved a feed pen another 150 yards to the center of property to put a final nail in the north neighbor coffin. He can sit and look at leaves float in the wind with his $6.95 feeder on my fence

South neighbor sold the best large property of woods in the county and new owner logged it and mulched. You can shoot marbles out there. Hundreds of acres of wood chips….

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                Does anyone know where you can get 4 x 4 steel frames for deer blinds around the Houston area?
                Advantage Outdoors on 59 EastTex freeway.

They build a quality product. I have blinds that are going on 30 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Chas-mac might. They off 290

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

I was actually trying to remember the name of that place. Thank you!

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Chas-mac might. They off 290

Good to know that too. I know exactly where that place is, but I'm not sure if they sell frames or not either. I'll give them a buzz.
                    Last edited by Etxbuckman; 01-24-2023, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      Pulled sets Sunday and did a lot of scouting and snooping. Moved a feed pen another 150 yards to the center of property to put a final nail in the north neighbor coffin. He can sit and look at leaves float in the wind with his $6.95 feeder on my fence

South neighbor sold the best large property of woods in the county and new owner logged it and mulched. You can shoot marbles out there. Hundreds of acres of wood chips….

Looks like development may be in your future

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                        [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Looks like development may be in your future
                        No. If so he made a HUGE MISTAKE. He wants to be a cowboy, so he’s planting (or planning on ) improved Bermuda grasses…. I’m sure he will be hunting some of the timber he left also. Could be a dream property…. If not for the cattle

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

That place is also called Texas Stairs and Rails. Call 'em and ask for Luis. Tell him what you want. If he doesn't have it, he'll make it for you. I used to deal with him a lot. If he still owns it, he's a good guy!
                          I think it's the Hopper Rd. exit headed South on 59...

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            No. If so he made a HUGE MISTAKE. He wants to be a cowboy, so he’s planting (or planning on ) improved Bermuda grasses…. I’m sure he will be hunting some of the timber he left also. Could be a dream property…. If not for the cattle
                            Better than development. Every time I see land being cleared now it makes me think it will be developed. Won't be any land for our grand kids and great grand kids to hunt if they keep developing.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              That place is also called Texas Stairs and Rails. Call 'em and ask for Luis. Tell him what you want. If he doesn't have it, he'll make it for you. I used to deal with him a lot. If he still owns it, he's a good guy!
                              I think it's the Hopper Rd. exit headed South on 59...
                              Correct, been dealing with him for decades.

Comment

Yesterday afternoon, I went and sat in my brother-in-law’s stand hoping to shoot a doe for one of the members on the lease who still needs meat. I didn’t see a doe, but I did see one of the biggest **** bucks I’ve ever seen out here. Unfortunately we’d previously agreed to let him walk one more year. Besides that, I didn’t want to shoot a buck that big out of someone else stand. And as if to add insult to injury, I got a picture from my Tactacam at 5:30 indicating one of my target bucks at my primary stand, who’d been MIA for a month, was out there taunting me.

Comment

Working...
                                X