Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
    The dozer guy started today and will continue through next week. Hoping to get rid of around 8 acres worth of cedar. I ordered 5 acres worth of Turner Seed’s pollinator mix that we will be broadcasting into the freshly dozed soils. I’ll post some before and after pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is your dozer guy local?

Comment

Yes, the bulldozer guy is from Brady.

Comment

My oldest brother and my niece were able to help us bag this 4yr old 8-pointer this morning. This was the first time we’ve ever seen this buck in person. This was our #1 cull buck due to the short brow tines.

Comment

Y’all have really hammered the culls this year. Have y’all killed more culls this yr than previous yrs ,or does it just seem so ?

Comment

beautiful place and great work. You are a true steward of the land and wildlife

Comment

Originally posted by Droptine3030 View Post
              Y’all have really hammered the culls this year. Have y’all killed more culls this yr than previous yrs ,or does it just seem so ?

Yes, we have hammered the culls this year. We have one more left. We found 42 different bucks, not including buck fawns, on trail cameras so the biologist recommended we remove a couple of the worst ones from each age class. We have one more buck to shoot that looks really sick (you can see his ribs and his hip bones) and 2 more doe to shoot.

Comment

This is a seed mix that we will be planting in the freshly dozed areas. Looking forward to see it a couple years from now. We should have some good pictures of the dozed areas by next weekend and will post some pictures.

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures from our evening hunt yesterday. A nice 2yr old 11pt and a 4yr old 8pt with busted G3’s.

Comment

Comment

We still haven’t received any rain since planting but it’s still green. Hoping it will flourish after or whenever we get some rain.

Comment

Are yall still at the 360 acre count or did yall ever add to it?

Comment

beautiful place!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            Are yall still at the 360 acre count or did yall ever add to it?

We are just under 400 acres. Hoping to add to it eventually.

Comment

I took some cool drone videos and pictures of the property. The view above shows the southern half of our property with the San Saba river in the background.

Comment

A drone picture showing around a 2 acre area that has been dozed. He’ll stack them up for us to burn and grade the dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X