East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskool67 View Post
    First time hunting here. Been on TBH for a couple years knowing I was moving here.

The lease is pretty typical from what I’ve seen so far in East TX. Individual areas with a couple blinds for each area. Seems to be plenty of room between spots. I’ve already got some good buck pics from my spot. Of course that is bound to change between now and the season.
    Welcome to east TX. It's definitely different than what you're used to, but the rewards can be outstanding when it all comes together.

Hopefully you got on a good club and not a beer lease with 100 other people. That'll make a huge difference in your chances of success.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Welcome to east TX. It's definitely different than what you're used to, but the rewards can be outstanding when it all comes together.

Hopefully you got on a good club and not a beer lease with 100 other people. That'll make a huge difference in your chances of success.
      Thanks, yeah supposedly this lease is going MLD next season and the guy running it is looking for more management minded hunters. So we will see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        Welcome to the Piney Woods Oldskool67. What part of ET are you hunting?
        Thank you. In Hardin Co.

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
          My personal experience is the bucks stay in bachelor groups through the first week to 2 weeks of bow season and continue the same summer feeding patterns if they aren't pressured.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          Thanks for the info. I think I know where they are bedding and coming from. Just not sure if they are just feeding their way through my spot at night. Was just up there yesterday pushing some cameras out from the spot where I’m seeing the group of bucks. Where I used to hunt out west the bucks would sometimes be a couple miles away in the day time from when you caught them on camera at night. The lease I’m on you can’t just go hiking all over. So I’m just trying to learn my area.

Comment

October 15th in Cherokee country is the day the big bucks lose their mind! Don’t let a cool front come through then��*��

Comment

Ran to the lease to top off things and look around after last week’s rain.

I was expecting to see a little pooled up water in places seeing we had 4-5” in the rain gage.

You couldn’t tell it even rained other than it wasn’t as dusty as it has been and it has REALLY greened up.

Remember, this is SE Texas. There is always water somewhere and mud holes. Not right now, fortunately (and unfortunately at the same time). All they typical mud holes are nothing but crusty dry ruts (still).

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                Ran to the lease to top off things and look around after last week’s rain.

I was expecting to see a little pooled up water in places seeing we had 4-5” in the rain gage.

You couldn’t tell it even rained other than it wasn’t as dusty as it has been and it has REALLY greened up.

Remember, this is SE Texas. There is always water somewhere and mud holes. Not right now, fortunately (and unfortunately at the same time). All they typical mud holes are nothing but crusty dry ruts (still).
                I now wish I was still on my old Rye lease so I could at least get my gear off without a boat.

Comment

Did y'all have any issues out of the fire in Glendale late last week? I know it had to have been in the general proximity.
                  Yes sir burned 200 acres

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

One of my lease mates sent these pictures. Coming along pretty good.
                    Attached Files

Comment

We're back on fire again. 200 acres last week

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Dang it man. That sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

The Trinity County sheriff posted something about 2 hours ago about some retard starting fires along 3188 and 94.

Comment

The Trinity County sheriff posted something about 2 hours ago about some retard starting fires along 3188 and 94.
                            Yeah I saw that pretty bad

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                              One of my lease mates sent these pictures. Coming along pretty good.
                              That’s a beast !

Comment

I like Big 8’s and I cannot lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X