Rhino of a Boar Takes An Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texomabowhunter View Post
    Shot looked great! Any sign of him today when you looked?
    No sir

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      No sir
      Well crap! That was a goodern!

Comment

Good to see you back at it sticking pigs!

Comment

Nice pig Jeff. Don't let it get in your head though. After a while you'll get all the changes sorted out. For me the first couple of nasty cuts that didn't bleed me out made me a lot more brave about what I could handle even with blood thinners and aspirin. You'll get there. Just stay in the game and keep killing them pigs.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Glad to see you getting after them again.
              Bet he ain’t far just up in some thick stuff.

Comment

Jumboar !!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Nice pig Jeff. Don't let it get in your head though. After a while you'll get all the changes sorted out. For me the first couple of nasty cuts that didn't bleed me out made me a lot more brave about what I could handle even with blood thinners and aspirin. You'll get there. Just stay in the game and keep killing them pigs.
                  Thank you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                    Smart move not risking it. Would taste like crap anyway.
                    agree completely with not pushing in after it, especially given the blood thinners, they are not pleasant to be around unless they are dead

but to me, he looked very fat and healthy, I would have cleaned him for sure and unless the meat had a bad smell, he would be eaten.

I don't eat every hog I kill since some of them are harder to find and some look bad when i walk up on them.

But the best wild hog i have ever had was a 275lb boar that looked just like that one. he had 3-4 inches of fat on his back and on his belly.

I just had the pork chops off him 4 nights ago and they were tender, flavorful and had a great fat cap on them.

not looking to lecture anyone on whether they should eat or leave their hogs, that is your choice.
                    I am just suggesting to give these bigger boars that are fat and healthy a chance, they just might surprise your taste buds and fill your belly.

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
                      agree completely with not pushing in after it, especially given the blood thinners, they are not pleasant to be around unless they are dead

but to me, he looked very fat and healthy, I would have cleaned him for sure and unless the meat had a bad smell, he would be eaten.

I don't eat every hog I kill since some of them are harder to find and some look bad when i walk up on them.

But the best wild hog i have ever had was a 275lb boar that looked just like that one. he had 3-4 inches of fat on his back and on his belly.

I just had the pork chops off him 4 nights ago and they were tender, flavorful and had a great fat cap on them.

not looking to lecture anyone on whether they should eat or leave their hogs, that is your choice.
                      I am just suggesting to give these bigger boars that are fat and healthy a chance, they just might surprise your taste buds and fill your belly.
                      Agreed. I’ve said it here many times. Thanks for mentioning that.

Comment

Rhino of a Boar Takes An Arrow

Was thinking a shotgun would have been good on the piglets and when that guy stepped out my jaw dropped. I’ve shot a big boy like that once that gave me a similar blood trail with no pig until it crossed the property line. Should have taken the shot at 2:17 and that would have solved the problem too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats a big pig

Comment

That's a burly boy!

Comment

Big pig

Comment

That is a big one---for sure. Got a buddy who is waiting for me to trap one similar so he can get the hams cured--

Here's my "shotgun opportunity" in the trap. Setting the trap tomorrow and hope to catch the bunch. I'm in a bounty county so even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X