Bay fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    In my honest opinion they are the best esting fish in the bay and the toughest to clean.
    Sheepshead are the hardest to clean to me. Drum are close
    Originally posted by Bowhuntnman View Post
    Me and my son put the hurting on the big uglies. Just seeing the excitement in him was priceless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice catching there. Always fun to get into black drum.

Comment

Great eating. I have also cleaned many puppy drum with worms.

Comment

That’s crazy. Been fishing and catching drum all my life and have only seen them in the bigger over sized drum. We used to go down and watch the old bay fishing boat come in “Captain Clark” and watch as they clean all the big uglies and all them had worms on the back third towards the tail. But never in the smaller butter fly drum. Guess I’ve been lucky for the last 40 years.

Comment

Nice work!

As for the worms, all Drum species have them, Black, Reds, Trout. Seems like closer to the big ocean the more they'll have in my experience. The trout we catch at fish camp in the surf or channel always seems to have plenty but they'll be in others as well and fish obviously do move around.

As for eating quality for typical bay fish I'd say Flounder, Trout, Sheepshead, Drum, Gafftop, Reds in that order would be my preference although I don't allow slimers in my coolers so we haven't eaten one in a very long time.

Comment

If you're not sure what to look for, the worms just look like a white blob in the flesh. Yall probably been eating them all your lives and just didn't know it, they don't hurt anything. They're actually a shark parasite in the beginning stage of the life cycle, when the shark eats a drum species the cycle gets completed.

Comment

Working...
            X