Gunwerks Going Under?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
    I have no more info than the average guy, but they had a cult following just like GA. Must have been some serious money management issues going on over there.

You hold your tongue about GA!!! [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji3]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

They have contributed a lot Of knowledge to the long range shooting community. I guess it doesn’t matter how good your products are, if you have a poor business model!

Comment

In the article they claim that WF believes GW sold their collateral (I guess manufacturing equipment, etc) and moved that money to another bank. When I was a Parole Officer I had a Parolee that was on paper for doing something similar with construction equipment. I want to say she was charged with embezzlement, however it's been a long time. Hope they are wrong and they're not looking at potential legal ramifications as well.

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        Would not have mattered where they borrowed the money from. Their "holier than thou" attitude caught up with them.
        I could see how this could be said given their pricing, but have you ever actually dealt with them? They are extremely customer-service oriented and seemed like a great group every time I've worked with them, I never got the feeling that they thought they were better than me any time I had questions or requests.

Comment

Google "Gunwerks Hunting Videos" and you will quickly begin to understand where a large chunk of their money went...
          It appears that their addiction to high dollar hunts was stronger than their desire to build guns..

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
            Wells Fargo is anti gun anyway.
            I gotta wonder why an anti gun bank would loan money to a gun company.

I’m thinking they are an anti don’t pay your loan bank.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
              In the article they claim that WF believes GW sold their collateral (I guess manufacturing equipment, etc) and moved that money to another bank. When I was a Parole Officer I had a Parolee that was on paper for doing something similar with construction equipment. I want to say she was charged with embezzlement, however it's been a long time. Hope they are wrong and they're not looking at potential legal ramifications as well.

I could see how this could be said given their pricing, but have you ever actually dealt with them? They are extremely customer-service oriented and seemed like a great group every time I've worked with them, I never got the feeling that they thought they were better than me any time I had questions or requests.
              Yes, I have met and had conversations with them. Pricing was not of concern, attitude was. If you cannot give me the time of day and want me to spend money with you, it aint gonna happen. Too many other builders that appreciate my business. I do not care for Shilen for the same reason.

I have had guns built by Hart,WTO, Kelbly, APR, HCR, Shiloh, TVM, Gary Reeder, DZ Arms, and Hamilton Bowen. There a few lesser known gunsmiths I have had the pleasure of doing business with and some that I would throw rocks at.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Yes, I have met and had conversations with them. Pricing was not of concern, attitude was. If you cannot give me the time of day and want me to spend money with you, it aint gonna happen. Too many other builders that appreciate my business. I do not care for Shilen for the same reason.

I have had guns built by Hart,WTO, Kelbly, APR, HCR, Shiloh, TVM, Gary Reeder, DZ Arms, and Hamilton Bowen. There a few lesser known gunsmiths I have had the pleasure of doing business with and some that I would throw rocks at.
                It wasn't someone wearing a gunwerks shirt drunk in a bar was it

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  It wasn't someone wearing a gunwerks shirt drunk in a bar was it
                  Lol, thats Tomball gun works

Comment

Well carp!!! Just picked up a Huskemaw scope that I was going to put on a rifle and send it to them to dial in. Think I'll hold off on that thinking for a while.

Comment

I spend time in Cody on business and have been in the facility many times. They have been building big new manufacturing facility with underground range, showroom etc. and since Covid-19 I have not been up there so I am not sure what state of completion it is in. They have made a big splash in Cody but have definitely spent a lot of money promoting their brand.

On another note, there was a pharmaceutical mfg company that also moved to Cody, got a lot of incentives from the state and not a long time afterwards closed shop, auctioned everything off and left town.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                        I spend time in Cody on business and have been in the facility many times. They have been building big new manufacturing facility with underground range, showroom etc. and since Covid-19 I have not been up there so I am not sure what state of completion it is in. They have made a big splash in Cody but have definitely spent a lot of money promoting their brand.

On another note, there was a pharmaceutical mfg company that also moved to Cody, got a lot of incentives from the state and not a long time afterwards closed shop, auctioned everything off and left town.
                        Huskemaw optics and Ballard rifles are gone too.

Comment

Let’s give credit where credit is due. You could arguably say that they put long range shooting on the map. They were an innovative company that was good for the shooting sport. Too expensive for my taste but no reason to hate them.

Growing a company too fast has always been a problem. Many companies go down taking that leap to the next level. Grow fast like a willow tree and the first high wind snaps you off. Grow steady and strong like an oak and you can survive the storms.

I hope they can get it together and continue onward.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            Let’s give credit where credit is due. You could arguably say that they put long range shooting on the map. They were an innovative company that was good for the shooting sport. Too expensive for my taste but no reason to hate them.

Growing a company too fast has always been a problem. Many companies go down taking that leap to the next level. Grow fast like a willow tree and the first high wind snaps you off. Grow steady and strong like an oak and you can survive the storms.

I hope they can get it together and continue onward.
                            You buy a pile of blasers but no Gunwerks? Come on!

Comment

I’ve never been mad at them but would
                              Never pay what they were asking for one of their rifles. I’ve built several for about 1/2 of what they charge and they all shoot very well. If they can produce a rifle that will shoot less than 1/4 MOA, and have glass of Swarovski level or higher it may be worth twice what I have in mine to somebody but not to me.

Just like anything there is a point of diminishing return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ol' gun-jerks on their way out.......

Comment

Working...
                                X