Help me build a flatbed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kong View Post
    I’ve got several different brands and I’ll say you definitely need a step of some type on the back to get up onto the bed, a hinged door for the gooseneck ball that lays 100% flat, at least 1” removable drain plugs in the bottom of the box’s for washing them out but larger would be better, rub rails with stake pockets for tying stuff down on the bed and louvered headache rack to protect the back glass “This One Will Pay For Itself”

Good input here. Hadn’t thought about drain plugs. That’s definitely a good idea.

Comment

Regardless how well you try to seal the box’s they will still get water and mud in them eventually, we empty everything once a month and wash everything out in the wet months otherwise they become a complete mess after a while. We use ours on a daily basis but the last beds I’ve ordered were exactly like I described and I’ve been pretty happy with them.
      I would use a screw in plug versus the rubber types, those don’t work very well from my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
        Will do!
        Please close this thread, I’m afraid you enablers are gonna cost me too much money !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Please close this thread, I’m afraid you enablers are gonna cost me too much money !

Haha, TBH has cost me WAY too much money. [emoji23]

Comment

Similar situation for me a while back. I was going to build a custom bed but Norstar had exactly what I wanted. I’ll never have another truck unless it’s a flatbed. Lots of mods and options, good luck!

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Working...
              X