No announcement yet.

UPS Store won't ship a scope?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to pimp the USPS, but if yall do priority mail they'll give you free boxes and pick it up from your doorstep free of charge.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
      Has anyone else even been denied the ability to ship a riflescope?

UPS store refused to ship it, and then they kicked me out when I asked to see the rules and asked for the manager. Admittedly, I was pretty ****** off at that point.

What is this world coming to??

Yes, I know the store is a franchise and won't take ammo, but a scope? Unbelievable.

Sorry, I don't usually rant, this is just crazy!
      Assuming you were in Hudson oaks they wouldn’t let me either. Anything “gun related”

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
        Same thing happened to me! I was packaging the scope inside the store and she saw it, she said “is that for a gun” I said yes it’s a scope then she started walking backwards as if I was holding her up. It freaked me out she was literally terrified of me lol. I got told they won’t ship it. I went to USPS instead.

LOL!!

About to the same,
        I did whip it out and state it's a freaking telescope, and start looking through it.

The said, "it attaches to a gun"
        and I said, "so does my finger"

If I had any comedic talent, I would have thought to show them my one finger wave at the same time. I was already being told to leave.

Comment

I’ve never had a problem shipping anything, but then again, I ship a lot of “machined parts”.

Comment

Strange....MidwayUSA ships ammo through UPS.

Comment

That’s odd, UPS just delivered some ammo to me this week from Alexander Arms!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Telescope!
                Let me guess, for viewing Uranus?

Comment

Just print label at-home and drop off to them easy problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
                    Strange....MidwayUSA ships ammo through UPS.
                    Thats UPS. ups store is not the same. They are independently owned.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                      LOL!!

About to the same,
                      I did whip it out and state it's a freaking telescope, and start looking through it.

The said, "it attaches to a gun"
                      and I said, "so does my finger"

If I had any comedic talent, I would have thought to show them my one finger wave at the same time. I was already being told to leave.
                      Your killin me Doc! F’em.

Comment

Ha. don't even think about perfume. I had some shipped to me, opened the box to add a note, boxed it up exactly as it came to forward it and they said nope. You can't ship that without a license! I will not answer any further questions

Comment

I shipped some ammo from the UPS store once but I didn’t read any of the stuff that I signed off about what it did not contain.

Comment

I needed to send a rifle pdq a few years ago and after much begging, it was shipped as machine parts. It did not hurt that I knew the owner of the franchise.

Comment

I found a long time ago, that many of the UPS stores, are owned by very liberal individuals and or run by very liberal individuals. I have had all types of problems with UPS Store locations. Including refusing to ship ammo, many times deciding that they would not insure some expensive parts, because I packaged the parts myself. They insisted they had to package the parts. Their idea of packaging stuff, is throw it in the largest box possible, then throw the parts in the box, and dump the foam peanuts on top.

Many times I have shipped car parts, many of those times the parts were transmission or rear end gears. Gears are very hard, and will chip, easily, if they bang against each other. The manufactures of transmission gears, will wrap each of the gears, individually in paper, then tape the paper, so the gears can not slip out of the paper, they are wrapped in. Then they pack a lot of paper in the box to keep all of the gears from moving around and possibly banging against each other.
                              This is basically how I package gears, but I use Gorilla tape, instead of masking tape and a lot of it around the outside of the paper each gear is wrapped in. Then pack a lot of paper in the box, between the gears. This is the best way to ship transmission gear. Then I use boxes made of heavy duty cardboard or I reinforce the box. Then I will usually wrap the box completely in Gorilla tape to reduce the chance a gear will make a hole in the box and get lost. I have had it happen years ago, not any fun to talk to the women, in the various hubs, trying to make them understand what a ring gear looks like. So I do everything within reason, to make sure the parts don't punch a hole in the box and get lost.

I can go to a UPS Store, they will refuse to insure the parts, unless they can see how the parts are packaged. So I have to open the box up and show them. I have to cut the Gorilla tape off, to open the box, so it should be rewapped, but that does not happen. Every time, they decide I did a bad job of packaging the parts, so the only way they will insure the parts, is if I let them package the parts. How do they package the parts. They find the largest box possible, that is not made of anywhere near as strong of cardboard as I used, not reinforced like I do. Then they remove every gear from the paper and Gorilla tape, toss them in the bottom of the oversized box. Then dump a bunch of peanuts on top of the gears. So the gears will definitely be banging against each other, the whole trip, that's if they don't punch a hole in the side of the box and get lost.

So what should cost me about $45 to $50 in shipping turns into about $195 in shipping and packaging. Then if you try to file a claim on that package they repackaged, and charged me a ton to ship. It will get denied.

UPS Stores are a joke, the employees obviously have been taught how to make the store as much money as possible. With no care for the pieces they are supposed to be trying to safely ship. The reason you go to them to begin with, to safely ship packages. They have long lost touch with reality. Like most of the rest of the country.
                              One other thing I have had them pull. Once they decide, your packaging is not good enough, which is complete crap, my packaging is a lot better than theirs. Then when I find out how they plan to package the parts, and I decline to let them do that to my parts, because of the high probability they will get damaged or punch through the side of the box. Then they refuse to ship the package at all, even without shipping, unless I let them stick it to me and my parts.

They won't ship ammo, they won't ship guns, they won't do this or that. The less they know the better your package is. Do a very good job of packaging the items, then don't ask for any extra insurance. Just ship it, that's your best bet, if they are the most practical shipping company, to deal with, as far as location.

Turns out I am not that far from a main UPS hub, so I just go there now, it costs less to ship it through them and they don't play all the stupid upsell games and push their liberal BS on you. Then some liberal drama queen, try to make a scene in the store, hoping to make you look bad and them selves look good to any other liberal idiots in the store. Which in New Braunfels, would likely be most every other person in the store.

The location in New Braunfels, I quit going into about 15 years ago, because the manager was a Biotch, liberal drama queen, who like to upsell to extremes. I bypass her BS and just go to the main hub, ship parts with no problems, a lot cheaper than dealing with her crap.
                              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 09-24-2021, 08:35 PM.

Comment

The UPS stores are independently owned and it’s all about profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X