• Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I love that shop!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      God I love that shop!
      No kidding!

That's what dreams are made of Wife could gladly tell me to get out of the kitchen with that in the back yard

Comment

I'm going to try to get started on mine this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Bodey View Post
          Completed 8 bodies and cut rough openings for windows and doors. Installing wood frames for windows and laying out Masonite roof triangles to serve as base for fiberglass skin.
          Are you fiberglassing the whole thing or just the roof? If not how well does that hardie hold up being buried?

Comment

never thought to use backer board.. a lot cheaper too

Comment

Backer board is great stuff, stuck a piece in water trough for about 10 months. Pulled it out and no damage whatsoever. Love the blinds and thread as we'll keep us posted!

Comment

How thick is the backer board your using? 1/4" or 1/2"

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                  How thick is the backer board your using? 1/4" or 1/2"
                  x2.

Seems like anything built from backer would last much long; however, it would be much heavier I would assume.

Comment

Could Ya show some more pics of the roof ? What angles and length did you go with ?

Comment

Bidet not sure what you used to water proof before but sonneborn makes a product called HLM 5000 that is a below grade water proofer for below grade masonry such as concrete basements. It's a heavy black coating and would make them last forever below grade.
                      Check it out.

Looks good

Comment

In for the ride

Comment

Got sidetracked this weekend and didn't get any work done. Will get started on fiberglass roofs this week.
                          Jack, I didn't do any thing but paint the blinds, outside and in, with a good quality exterior paint. Black on inside and drab green outside. I don't know what is happening with paint below grade, but the hardie board should last for as long as I do. I do see a little mildew on inside, below grade, on blinds that are in lower poorly drained areas. It wipes off with a damp towel.

Comment

In your country you prob don't have to worry as much about moisture I guess

Gonna be a nice place to take some of those monster deer!

Comment

Finished fiberglass roofs on 2 blinds today. Miserable work in August. They are ready for paint. Ordered windows and doors from Deer-View. Made my own doors on last batch but trying theirs, this go around.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	24399072
                                Got all fiberglass roofs done today. Thank God for a cool rainy day. You will have to stand on your head to get a good look. Waiting on some windows and doors. Time to crank up the airless paint sprayer.

Comment

Working...
                                X