No announcement yet.

Here y’all go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! Thanks Joel! And you too Jay! And yes... guilty as charged! Have yet to figure out the pic rotation thing! Luckily, I very seldom put em on here! And thank ya for the “props”! I’m grateful for all the bragging you do for me brother! DEFINITELY not deserving of it! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
    Last edited by spidermonkey; 02-27-2021, 09:05 PM. Reason: Dummy

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
      Ha! Thanks Joel! And you too Jay! And yes... guilty as charged! Have yet to figure out the pic rotation thing! Luckily, I very seldom put em on here! And thank ya for the “props”! I’m grateful for all the bragging you do for me brother! DEFINITELY not deserving of it! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Your craftsmanship and your modesty don’t add up bud! You’re talented and we know it [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ha! Thanks brother Backwoods!

Comment

And an FYI, the protein feeder will hold 500 - 550 lbs. based on cubic feet and protein pellets @ 40 lbs a cubic foot. Little less obviously with the internal diverters. But it’s 5 mins from the house, so huge capacity isn’t a big deal since I can check it frequently if I want to. Working on one now that’ll hold 8-900 lbs. Same single leg post/coon-proofing concept though. Just a little different, more structurally beefy cuz of the footprint size and weight difference. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Few pics of the most recent one in progress. Still some welding to do, diverters to fab and weld in, and 8 chutes to cut, bend, weld up, and weld in place. Also the lid install with hinges, and latching hardware. Soooo, almost done! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
            Attached Files

Comment

Ohh, and x-members are that funky blue cuz they were “scrap” 1-1/2” tube from work. Cut apart a hand rail, and saved for a rainy day.

Comment

FINALLY got some time to cut some metal for the 8 chutes. The pieces will be bent to become the bottom and sides.
                Attached Files

Comment

Drilling the drain holes pre-bend...
                  Attached Files

Comment

First one bent...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice and love the skids!

Comment

All bent, and next I’ll cut the top rectangles, weld the two seams solid, and then weld all four sides over the holes of hopper. Hopefully get the internal diverters cut/bent, welded in this weekend, everything with the lid done, and painted. Fingers crossed. And yeah, the two on the end I spliced in a little piece to make em work, didn’t want to use another big piece when that’s all I needed. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                        Attached Files

Comment

No progress reports. But... I did get my pictures turned right side up! Always a silver lining!

Comment

No progress reports. But... I did get my pictures turned right side up! Always a silver lining!
                            Progress with the pics for sure! I just hope those dirt dobber welds hold 😂😂

Comment

Me too! I’ll just put the paint on real thick to hold it together!

Comment

As I guess you can tell, I use what I can in material. Wasn’t bout to cut a fresh piece when I can splice together several to make it work.
                                my philosophy as well, I do NOT throw away metal, too expensive. Just wish I could find sheets like that.
                                The feeder looks amazing, not sure why anyone would just say 'good job'. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X