[ATTACH]1040319[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1040320[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1040321[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1040322[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1040323[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1040324[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1040325[/ATTACH]

Comment

Man... y’all are some salt of the earth dudes! Thanks for correcting the pics! Still don’t even know who wanted this back to the top, oh well, it ended up getting my pictures straightened out for this dummy! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Looks awesome. Question-are they top heavy, with the legs being the same width as the feeder? I always bent my legs out a bit to make the base wider than the feeder. I know when they are full nothing but a big bull could knock them over, but what about when they are getting close to empty?

Comment

Big Smith, not as far as tipping, no. It had just come a big rain on our place when I was going to put this out, and had to drag it with 1600 yards with the 4-wheeler through all types of rough stuff. Now granted, when I’d go through ruts, or washes, I’d slow down to a creep. But, I built this to be a stand n fill, very sturdy, and where you could drag it with an ATV/UTV if needed. The legs being directly in line with the downward force of the feed weight helps it be very strong, and not put un-needed strain on legs like you can have when they are at an angle. To answer your question, it’s not top heavy, or tip prone when empty. The base foot print is as wide as the hopper in one direction, and obviously longer in the skid direction. Any more questions, feel free. Don’t get me wrong, when I came up with this, I thought it might be a little tippy with me not using legs on an angle. But it’s worked out real well, and it’s easy to move around by yourself when it’s empty. Have another different way I’m building some gravity protein feeders that’s working out as well, so far it’s been keeping the coons off too. I patterned it kinda after “steel products” protein feeders. So yeah, not my original idea, just my twist on it. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I’m terrible at taking step by step pics cuz it just never crosses my mind. But here are a few pics of the protein feeder after I was done. Material is 16 ga. sheet metal, skids are 2”- 11 ga square tube, turned up 6” from the end at 22-1/2 deg. Upright leg tubes also 2”-11 ga. Sheet metal skins either side of leg posts keep coons from climbing up and grabbing ends of chutes. Also the reason I painted gloss JD green. So far no coons have conquered it. Been out since January 23rd. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dangit!! Thought I had the sideways crap figured out! Sorry guys!

Comment

Good design and good work, that’s just a cool project.

Comment

And before it’s asked, no, it’s not tip over prone. Now I CAN tump it over if I try real hard, but it’s very sturdy when being drug behind a 4-wheeler, and when being used by deer. Even when getting close to empty. I’m done with pics, can’t get em upright to save my life! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                            Attached Files

Comment

Love it Rusty! Awesome design and a job well done

Comment

I’ll continue to wave the flag and vouch for Rusty here. Let’s just say he builds, fabricates and welds a lot better than he posts pictures on TBH. [emoji23]
                                Here ya go hoss!

And here’s another little project he shared with me recently. 2nd best looking gate he’s ever built [emoji14]
                                Guys, if any of y’all up around Greenville need any fab-welding done you should hit up Spidermonkey. Top notch dude IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X