No announcement yet.

Get up there's fish to catch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was fishing, I wouldn't be posting. I'd be fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
      Not today, but me and my wife will be on Conroe Monday looking for White Perch and Blue Gill!
      When I'm not chasing the bucket mouths my wife and I love to break out the ultralight tackle and hammer the gills. Conroe has a great eating population of bull bluegill. My favorite eating fish. We caught the mess out of them from our neighborhood marina.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
        When I'm not chasing the bucket mouths my wife and I love to break out the ultralight tackle and hammer the gills. Conroe has a great eating population of bull bluegill. My favorite eating fish. We caught the mess out of them from our neighborhood marina.

Nice. Haven't worn them out in a long time. Can't ever seem to find big ones on waco.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

If I wasn't at work I would be on Conroe. Gonna hit Livingston tomorrow but not fishing. Wife and kids wanna go swim and hang out at pine island.

Comment

That looks like a blast! I hope I can put her on some. We'll be launching at Stowaway Marina. I may try the bulkheads first. It'll be our first time looking for bluegill.

Comment

Do you fillet them?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks like a blast! I hope I can put her on some. We'll be launching at Stowaway Marina. I may try the bulkheads first. It'll be our first time looking for bluegill.
                Lots of huge blue gill under 1097 bridge. You can tight line a worm and split shot against those columns and have a ball catching huge ones. Around 15 ft depth.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                  Lots of huge blue gill under 1097 bridge. You can tight line a worm and split shot against those columns and have a ball catching huge ones. Around 15 ft depth.
                  Thanks for the tip, I'll try that if the wind is good!

Comment

Got into some bluegill and red-ear yesterday, Little Walnut Creek

Comment

Dug worms today. Will be catching perch for bait later or in the morning. Them big ol kitty cats love them some big perch even after they been frozen in salt water. Also packaged up 4 gallons of my homemade catfish cocaine dough bait.
                      Should be good for the next 2 years. 2 five gallon buckets of chum working and getting stinky. Milo and cottonseed meal sours quickly in this heat. With all the rain this year catfishing in the shallows gonna be hot.

Comment

1/64oz jig head tipped with a meal worm is the ticket

Comment

1/64oz jig head tipped with a meal worm is the ticket
                          Hmm, I'll try it!Thanks!!

Comment

Well off the water with 7 slabs in the timber first time there. I'll be back!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              Well off the water with 7 slabs in the timber first time there. I'll be back!

We been catching them under 1097 bridge and in timber both. We was catching them around 10 to 12 feet early in the timber and 15 to 18 feet under the bridge later in the day.

Comment

Yeah that's what I should have done I stayed up north all day. Thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
                                X