I got a few more I would like to have identified

Comment

Most of these were found in colorado county around Garwood
      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome thread. This will be useful!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          If I found it, I would be thinking paleo. Sure hard to tell without a base.It could be a middle archaic knife but the flaking style looks older.
          Do you think it could be a Refugio knife? It appears to have some parallel flaking on one site and random flaking on the other... Without seeing it in person I am just guessing the parallel was just accidental. Also don't see any real overshot flakes (which occur on a lot of large thin paleo blades).

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
            Do you think it could be a Refugio knife? It appears to have some parallel flaking on one site and random flaking on the other... Without seeing it in person I am just guessing the parallel was just accidental. Also don't see any real overshot flakes (which occur on a lot of large thin paleo blades).
            Yes, I think it could be as well as a number of other Archaic knife types. Now for the overshot, Im not sure it wasn't origionally overshot and the resharpening eliminated a lot of that, The face of the blade is pretty flat. Just hard to say without a base or context.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
              Most of these were found in colorado county around Garwood
              These are mine, just need clarification on what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter1 View Post
                These are mine, just need clarification on what they are.
                The pink birdie looks like an Edwards and the white is a scallorn. There is also a perdenales (u shaped back), a bunch of tools/scrapers, some tortugas (triangles) and what looks like some Darls (narrower side notched points). Also, some that can't be identified, not enough there.

If you have one in particular you would like identified, post it seperate or point out which one and will try to ID.
                Last edited by Reelthreat; 07-16-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Trying to determine these
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
                    Trying to determine these
                    These two in particular I would like to know what they are if possible. The slender one has a left hand bevel on the point and a right hand bevel on the hafting area. Any idea what tribes where in Colorado county around that time?
                    Last edited by bowhunter1; 07-16-2013, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I've posted this pic before but these are just a few of my favorite surface finds from Aguilares, Texas. My uncle found this this really cool rock that was turned into a snake head on the ranch, I'll have to get a pic of it but do any of y'all know what the purpose of it might be?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Guys--you're killing me!!!! Left a lease on Hwy 97 east of Cotulla 'bout 5-6 years ago and haven't found a point since then.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter1 View Post
                          These two in particular I would like to know what they are if possible. The slender one has a left hand bevel on the point and a right hand bevel on the hafting area. Any idea what tribes where in Colorado county around that time?
                          Its hard to put an exact type on those from the pics. It appears both are broken? I can say they are both far older than any named tribes. I would venture they are early archaic. A minimum of 6,000 years old and probably older. It also appears the fatter one is upside down. It looks to me that it is a broken blade since what you are viewing as a point is ground. this would indicate that its actually the base of the blade and maybe a Lerma.

Comment

Originally posted by diego111993 View Post
                            I've posted this pic before but these are just a few of my favorite surface finds from Aguilares, Texas. My uncle found this this really cool rock that was turned into a snake head on the ranch, I'll have to get a pic of it but do any of y'all know what the purpose of it might be?
                            Not sure on the snake head, would live to see it though.

As for the points from left to right: perdiz, frio, toyah, maybe Starr or matamoros, matamoros, and frio.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Its hard to put an exact type on those from the pics. It appears both are broken? I can say they are both far older than any named tribes. I would venture they are early archaic. A minimum of 6,000 years old and probably older. It also appears the fatter one is upside down. It looks to me that it is a broken blade since what you are viewing as a point is ground. this would indicate that its actually the base of the blade and maybe a Lerma.
                              Yep, I would agree with what Garguy said.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
                                Not sure on the snake head, would live to see it though.
                                Its about the size of my palm and I you can make out the eyes, nose, and fangs.

Its pretty much like this
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X