No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up in Young County this morning. Didn't see hardly any ducks on ponds yesterday driving up. Got three ducks here this morning. Saw a couple of other flocks that didn't work into range. Son is in a deer stand and popped a big hog earlier.
    Last edited by DUKFVR; 11-25-2021, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      This guy gets it.

I remember when a haul to Eagle Lake was if you were just really mad at them. No one even thought of going ALL THE WAY out to Garwood. What was a haul and no man’s land.

…..or numerous impoundments/areas in the immediate SE Texas area we used to consistently shoot straps of greenheads. You could set your watch to the migration patterns. The big groups of flight birds would show up the week after Thanksgiving.

Got to go where the mallards and Canada’s are to kill them.. we use to lease in bay city but the birds just stopped showing up. Migration shifted so it’s made the drive further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
        Time to get that boat out and harass them ducks TG...now that you've punched the doe ticket.
        I'ma wait-n for the wind to die a bit. Don't like run-n the WildThing when the winds are 15+. It's a really rough ride in a Jon. [emoji846]

And wear your sunscreen! Even in the cooler weather. You can get sunburn on the water no matter the time of year. I just had a big ol spot taken off my nose yesterday. And got to go back for a skin graph in 2 weeks. Got another right beside it that's gonna have to come off too. This was my second yesterday. And damage I probably did back in 30s and all the way through my 40s.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
          Got to go where the mallards and Canada’s are to kill them.. we use to lease in bay city but the birds just stopped showing up. Migration shifted so it’s made the drive further.

Yep! This here! I drive more than I ever thought I would to stay on a few ducks. It has definitely changed where and how the birds are.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post

We did for years, with trips into western Canada.

Comment

Had some luck the last 12hours! Nice single mom last night and smashed some birds this am.

All widgeon and 3 ring necks. 20mph plus wind into our face made it tough shooting. Was done by 9. Should have been done by 8.

Hunted a tank SE of waco.
              Pouldeaux is doing great on retrieving.

Best part was when I cracked that ice cold Busch Light after the first bird. Buddy asked "what you got?" I said BUSCH LIGHT, he said "oh wait that's a beer?" Uh yeah, happy Thanksgiving I brought plenty if you want one lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                Had some luck the last 12hours! Nice single mom last night and smashed some birds this am.

All widgeon and 3 ring necks. 20mph plus wind into our face made it tough shooting. Was done by 9. Should have been done by 8.

Hunted a tank SE of waco.
                Pouldeaux is doing great on retrieving.

Best part was when I cracked that ice cold Busch Light after the first bird. Buddy asked "what you got?" I said BUSCH LIGHT, he said "oh wait that's a beer?" Uh yeah, happy Thanksgiving I brought plenty if you want one lol.

Love single moms - solid work

Comment

Flex I am stuck here at work on Thanksgiving but you just made me laugh brother. Good stuff and congrats on both accounts. We should do a hunt one day up that way. I have a few places I have been wanting to try.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                    Flex I am stuck here at work on Thanksgiving but you just made me laugh brother. Good stuff and congrats on both accounts. We should do a hunt one day up that way. I have a few places I have been wanting to try.
                    Let me know man! I'm always down for a good time.

Sorry you gotta work on Turkey day!

Comment

I ran St Joe shoreline and Estes Flats area. Bumped maybe 3 groups. More buffleheads on main bay than any other ducks down around Aransas Pass. There is a group of teal in Lighthouse but they have been skyblasted so much they raft in middle before FSL

Comment

You can hunt lighthouse? Never thought of that.

Comment

Anyone ever used Boss shells? Shells are getting hard to find and I thought if I’m going to wait list an order I may try something new. I’m usually a Winchester or Kent shooter but may give them a whirl just to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                            Anyone ever used Boss shells? Shells are getting hard to find and I thought if I’m going to wait list an order I may try something new. I’m usually a Winchester or Kent shooter but may give them a whirl just to see.
                            I haven’t used them yet but when you get that in stock notification you better go buy them right then or they’ll be sold out again.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                              I haven’t used them yet but when you get that in stock notification you better go buy them right then or they’ll be sold out again.

Shoot that just about anything right now. I’m interested in the #3/#5 blend. Seems like and interesting concept.

Comment

I am using MIGRA 2/4s right now and was on the list for boss 3/5s bit by that evening they was gone. The 2/4s seem pretty good but I need to go see how they actually pattern.

Comment

Working...
                                X