2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    It was a free hunt and we had a good time. But I was a little disappointed in shooting 30 ringers. There was some teal to be had but they didn't want to play. Even the squealers didn't decoy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I'm not hating on it at all, I love shooting ducks of all kind, just saying it's been a slow season down here and when that property is having to settle for ringers, it shows how slow it is.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
      I'm not hating on it at all, I love shooting ducks of all kind, just saying it's been a slow season down here and when that property is having to settle for ringers, it shows how slow it is.
      I got ya, it's all good.

I think when ANYONE has to settle for a ringer limit it's slow. Lol

Comment

I got ya, it's all good.

I think when ANYONE has to settle for a ringer limit it's slow. Lol

Hell I'd settle for 4 ringers about now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Going out in the AM to see if there are any new birds. Ill take a few ringers

Wood duck hunt turkey morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            Hell I'd settle for 4 ringers about now.

Yea, but you're a self proclaimed cajun. Probably got a nutria water turkey gumbo recipe

Comment

Yea, but you're a self proclaimed cajun. Probably got a nutria water turkey gumbo recipe

Nah, you get them fancy certificates when you shoot one of them there aqua turkeys.

Now pouldeau gizzard gumbo on the other hand...

Comment

Anyone have a ca57 gator tail prop they are willing to sell or a big blade Pm me I need one bad

Comment

Very few birds in Rockport. Ran St Joe’s and not enough to get me excited yet. I’m seeing some reds and actually mostly buffleheads. Guess I fish until they show

Comment

Of the three hunts we've been on this year today was the slowest. However, we had the wildest moment when a family of otters came swimming up to my wife. Stopped about two feet from her and just proceeded to squeak at her. Never seen anything like that before. Hell I can't recall ever seeing otters in NE Texas before.

Comment

We haven't hunted my place since opening Dat. Going out Friday morning. Birds should be stacked in there by now.

Comment

It was a free hunt and we had a good time. But I was a little disappointed in shooting 30 ringers. There was some teal to be had but they didn't want to play. Even the squealers didn't decoy

I figured you Houston folks would enjoy a ringneck beatdown! Change of pace from the teal and spoonies!

Comment

Those ringers will grind up just like everything else. Makem heap good sausage rite dar. I'm not cajon, but my oldest is a chef in New Orleans so there's that. Coot gizzard gumbo. I'll have to try it. I've thought about shooting a couple but there's always someone at the ramp when I come in so I chicken out. Could say it's catfish bait...

Comment

Well…. Big fat 0 so far this AM.

Seen maybe 20ish birds in the distance and one teal buzzed the spread

Comment

Slow around here. Went yesterday morning and ended up with 2 green wings and 2 woodies. Had a great morning on the water though.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                Well…. Big fat 0 so far this AM.

Seen maybe 20ish birds in the distance and one teal buzzed the spread
                                We were close to where you were yesterday. 1 group 0f 3 teal we got all of them & one speck. Nothing in air.
                                Good luck the rest of this AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X