2021-2022 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
    This is year three watching a buck I call “Off Limits”. He should be 6 this year, and lost a few inches from last year I believe. Still going back and forth on if it’s time to hunt him, but I think it’s time.
    He’s a great buck. My brother would give his left arm to kill a buck that size with a main beam that tipped down like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
      He’s a great buck. My brother would give his left arm to kill a buck that size with a main beam that tipped down like that.
      Is your brother in good shape? There are times I could use a third arm, but I’d really prefer a right one.

This is the first year his main beam has done that. Not sure if he damaged it, or it just corkscrewed naturally. Looks pretty awesome from the side.

Comment

Im going to the lease this weekend and will try to test out my new camera setup on some bucks still in velvet. I have not been out to our place in forever.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is year three watching a buck I call “Off Limits”. He should be 6 this year, and lost a few inches from last year I believe. Still going back and forth on if it’s time to hunt him, but I think it’s time.
          Now I know how you got the pic of my big deer a couple years ago so fast. You know Bruce!

He sent me that pic this morning lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Now I know how you got the pic of my big deer a couple years ago so fast. You know Bruce!

He sent me that pic this morning lol
            Is ole Bruce sending you my pictures?? We constantly swap pictures back and forth. I’ve supposed to go photograph his bucks the last two years and haven’t had the time. I do love his pets.

Comment

Is ole Bruce sending you my pictures?? We constantly swap pictures back and forth. I’ve supposed to go photograph his bucks the last two years and haven’t had the time. I do love his pets.
              That ranch is insane lol. 2-300 deer an evening is regular. Holler when y’all plan on getting together. We can ride around the place and drink beer!

Comment

That ranch is insane lol. 2-300 deer an evening is regular. Holler when y’all plan on getting together. We can ride around the place and drink beer!
                That sounds like my kind of day! I’ll let you know!

Comment

Thoughts on age and score of these? I know the second pic is hard to see much.
                  1st pic is San Saba, 2nd pic is Richland Springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SanSaba007 View Post

Thoughts on age and score of these? I know the second pic is hard to see much.
                    1st pic is San Saba, 2nd pic is Richland Springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    First one appears to be mature with that much mass but not a good angle and the 2nd one is too hard to see.

Comment

Half of our bucks have shed now

Comment

I got my bucks back from last year, they turned out really well!

Comment

Is that a llano buck^^?

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                            Is that a llano buck^^?
                            Yes sir they both are, low fence

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                              I got my bucks back from last year, they turned out really well!

That buck on the left is awesome. How long are his main beams? Mount looks great too!

Comment

That buck on the left is awesome. How long are his main beams? Mount looks great too!
                                Thank you! He had right at 24" beams and scored 153" at 7 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X