No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking bucks Lane!! I was scrolling through your pictures and saw the body on the 9 without a brow and said “he has some old ones showing up now!!”. Seeing bucks like yours and Kyle’s make me want to really start pouring the protein to them, I just got to open the pocket book!
    I’m finally headed to the ranch for a quick trip on Saturday. Looking forward to checking cameras for the first time in almost 2 months. I’m betting my camera cards filled up a month ago though haha

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	D3193714-CC4F-4672-B9A1-89E45ED683A6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	24660857

Name:	91BD665D-DE4A-47F1-A5B9-BAFEA5DEBC0A.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	24660858

Name:	47B9B7B1-4BDE-42D3-93F3-592C0F57D036.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	24660859

Name:	B45246B8-AA0F-4CA2-B0B0-2CE52F15AF2F.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	24660860

Only had one camera up and running. Was looking for a couple specific deer. Found one. Gonna try to get my daughter on the 8 point. The other buck is throwing me for a loop on age. 99% sure he gets a pass. I’m not sure what I’ll do if he steps out when I’m with my daughter. It’ll be her first deer/buck. Family place. Fairly small acreage. My dad hunts it once or twice a year. I’m the only one who hunts it besides him. Either way, it’s a good start to another year. Still looking for some other bucks I let pass last year. Pastures look great. And we’ve been covered up in turkey which is odd!

Comment

Yall have some great looking bucks!! I'm getting really excited!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
          Great looking bucks Lane!! I was scrolling through your pictures and saw the body on the 9 without a brow and said “he has some old ones showing up now!!”. Seeing bucks like yours and Kyle’s make me want to really start pouring the protein to them, I just got to open the pocket book!
          I’m finally headed to the ranch for a quick trip on Saturday. Looking forward to checking cameras for the first time in almost 2 months. I’m betting my camera cards filled up a month ago though haha

It’s my wife’s family land and I’ve been hunting one small 10 acre field of it for the last 3 years. This year they leased us 500 acres of it. It’s just my dad, my brother and I which is nice to be able to run it however we want. We’ve really been pouring the feed to them the past few months and plan on keeping it that way. This place has a ton of potential. Hopefully we can get the extra 1200 acres of it and really start managing for some hill country giants. We need to get together and share a cold beer and campfire this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
            It’s my wife’s family land and I’ve been hunting one small 10 acre field of it for the last 3 years. This year they leased us 500 acres of it. It’s just my dad, my brother and I which is nice to be able to run it however we want. We’ve really been pouring the feed to them the past few months and plan on keeping it that way. This place has a ton of potential. Hopefully we can get the extra 1200 acres of it and really start managing for some hill country giants. We need to get together and share a cold beer and campfire this year.

Yes sir we need to make it happen! About to send you a PM

Comment

Here are 2 of our bucks that are 7 this year

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                Here are 2 of our bucks that are 7 this year

Both great bucks. I love the brows on Ocho.

Comment

Got our first one shed out

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post

Got our first one shed out

Yeah, about that time. I’m anxious to see what some of our Doss bucks look like without fuzz.

Comment

Just went finally and topped off feeders. Super green and deer look really good. Hopefully check cameras in a couple weeks to see if some of our 4 and 5 yr olds made any progress.

Comment

I think this is the most desirable buck on our place. He is 6 or 7 this year, big 8 with 2 kickers on the same g2 90 degrees from eachother. I think he scores high 140s

Comment

Yup, I’d shoot him!! Haha. Finally seeing some bucks out of velvet, also seeing some bucks I haven’t seen since last year. Should be a great season.

Comment

He’s a hoss. I had one similar get killed in a really stupid way last year. He was a 4 year old that was dang close to 150”. This year we haven’t seen anything nearly that big, but it’s also our first year on the new place. I’d say about half of our bucks have stripped their velvet now. Lots of new bucks showing up and several starting to disappear. Hopefully something good wonders our way.

Comment

This is year three watching a buck I call “Off Limits”. He should be 6 this year, and lost a few inches from last year I believe. Still going back and forth on if it’s time to hunt him, but I think it’s time.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I got everything back in order a week or so ago. Gonna go out this week and check on stuff and pull camera cards and maybe set out some more cameras on water and trails to get an idea. We let a lot of good 4.5 yr olds walk last year and had a few 5.5+ bucks walking around last year that we didnt kill.

Comment

Working...
                                X