2021-2022 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
    That’s a beast. He on the hit list this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are still trying to determine his age.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all think he is 6? That’d be my quick guess

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
        Y’all think he is 6? That’d be my quick guess
        We thought he was 3 in 2019 which would put him at 5 this year. He is a typical 12 point with a 13th g3 point growing from his main beam.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
          We thought he was 3 in 2019 which would put him at 5 this year. He is a typical 12 point with a 13th g3 point growing from his main beam.

I can see that, but your deer must have a lot bigger heads on them than mine. That in-line point he has this year is killer.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post

I can easily see a 3yo in that ‘19 pic but wouldn’t put a run down 4yo past him. He’s a giant and I don’t really think you will do wrong either way.

Comment

Finally figured out how to get pictures off my new computer. Pictures are from about 2 weeks ago. Got some great young deer and a few interesting mature bucks. Excited to see what comes and goes once they shed their velvet and the shakeup happens.

You’ve been holding out on me Lanowski.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                You’ve been holding out on me Lanowski.

I haven’t had much to share. There’s not something that just stands out like years past. Lots of good young bucks that will be exciting in 2 or 3 more years.

Comment

I haven’t had much to share. There’s not something that just stands out like years past. Lots of good young bucks that will be exciting in 2 or 3 more years.
                  You’ve always got some studs! I haven’t pulled cards in over a month but I wasn’t real impressed with what I saw. My biggest buck didn’t jump at all, and may have gone down a little. Some younger bucks did make huge leaps though. I, like you, don’t have anything that really pops for me yet this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                    You’ve always got some studs! I haven’t pulled cards in over a month but I wasn’t real impressed with what I saw. My biggest buck didn’t jump at all, and may have gone down a little. Some younger bucks did make huge leaps though. I, like you, don’t have anything that really pops for me yet this year.
                    It’s early yet and once they shed everything will start to move around. I’ve seen deer that didn’t make any increase in antler size one year make a giant leap the next year. Hopefully that works out for you. We are headed down this weekend to fill protein, corn, and cotton seed again. Should be a fun weekend. Hopefully we got something new show up.

Comment

They are getting close to finishing out

Comment

My goodness your deer look good!

Comment

First hardhorned pic.

Comment

Mostly the same nice young bucks showing up. The last 10 and the 7pt in a few of those pictures are on the hit list but everything else is safe from us. The 10 right below the drop tine deer is a 6 year old this year but only grew one of his brow tines for some strange reason. It’s our 3rd year of history with him and he’s always had both in the past so we are gonna let him ride and hope he puts it back on next year. Filled up corn, cotton seed, and the protein feeders again this past weekend. With feed prices this high I’m gonna have to take out a loan to keep deer hunting. Buying in bulk has helped but it still ain’t cheap.

Comment

And I can’t recommend one of these trailers enough. It took us about 10 minutes a feeder to put out about 6200lbs of feed. Wood Seed and Harvest in Harper has been really good to us since they opened this past year. They charge a small fee to rent the trailer if you buy in bulk from them but it’s worth it’s weight in gold. It was my first time to use it, but definitely won’t be the last.

Comment

And I can’t recommend one of these trailers enough. It took us about 10 minutes a feeder to put out about 6200lbs of feed. Wood Seed and Harvest in Harper has been really good to us since they opened this past year. They charge a small fee to rent the trailer if you buy in bulk from them but it’s worth it’s weight in gold. It was my first time to use it, but definitely won’t be the last.

You’ll never go back amigo…

Comment

Working...
                                X