X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
    What kinda boat everyone run ?
    Size 10 muck boots

Got access to some farm ponds so just gotta park somewhere and walk the rest of the way.

Comment

Got some pits put in the ground this weekend. Everything is looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
        Great info! Thank you.
        Well looks like those might be the slim flares so trying to get some clarification.

Comment

Great info! Thank you.
          Alright...

Looks like the are the regular ones that come on the XMR's. I only had 2 of the 4 needed. S1 for all 4 you will need:

705011518 (Front Left)
          705011519 (Front Right)
          705011520 (Cargo "Rear" Left)
          705011521 (Cargo "Rear" Right)

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thank you, Sir! My next question was gonna be if they were sport or normal. Gonna get some ordered.

Comment

Which fenders did you get? Easy install? Pics? Thanks
              I'll try to get some pics to post tonight. I got the Can-Am extended fenders. Let me tell you, the rear is in two parts, and installing the front part of the rear fenders is a b!tch. You have to modify it to fit on the XMR because of the aluminum rock guards, and getting in there to tighten the bolts is for people with far more flexibility than me. Just that part was a 2 hour affair.

Comment

I'm pretty pumped for this year, had my first couple hunts and got addicted last year so this will be my first full season. I'm a deer hunting man, but i think the ducks will be getting a lot of attention this year . Hoping to learn a lot from a couple of buddies that know what they are doing haha.

Comment

Bought a nice decked out boat this year for the river, new hunting cloths, and ive been working with my 1 year old lab. Im very pumped!!!

Comment

Hope the ducks get the memo to show up this year lol.

Comment

Hope the ducks get the memo to show up this year lol.
                      Parts of Canada, North/South Dakota have been in a drought all year so waterfowl production isnt expected to be great. Hope itll get real cold and freeze up what water is there so they come down.

Comment

For the public land hunters, what do yall look for when scouting or looking for a spot to hunt? We've never been able to really find any ducks (except a few wood ducks or after the big freeze) on big water.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
                          For the public land hunters, what do yall look for when scouting or looking for a spot to hunt? We've never been able to really find any ducks (except a few wood ducks or after the big freeze) on big water.

The smart butt answer ducks.
                          The real answer - Skinny water and food for puddle ducks. If you don't have food you have a loafing spot or rest area at best. You might want to try different times as well. Some areas I hunt have a later flight and they don't come in at first light. Some areas I know I'm shooting at legal and done soon thereafter. I have a spot I know produces late and guys give up and we shoot limits. It sucks we need to still get there at 0 dark thirty and wait around, but we are typically rewarded for the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post

Feathers, Shotgun shells(reason i try to pick all my hulls up), food. If you can take a boat just go sit somewhere you can see a long ways and watch the flight path ducks are using. Then ease around to you find the exact spot they are at.

Comment

Jacked the duck boat trailer up out of the mud yesterday! Will clean it up and take it to get the carb cleaned up after I change out the gas! I said I was gonna use it 4 years ago and did the same and it’s been sitting there since! Might try and make a trip or 2 with it this year. Been kinda spoiled on hunting private land potholes what little bit I still do! Miss chasing dark geese though. Still have all my stuff. Need to get that spread back in the ground before too long if nothing else to knock the dust off it!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                Jacked the duck boat trailer up out of the mud yesterday! Will clean it up and take it to get the carb cleaned up after I change out the gas! I said I was gonna use it 4 years ago and did the same and it’s been sitting there since! Might try and make a trip or 2 with it this year. Been kinda spoiled on hunting private land potholes what little bit I still do! Miss chasing dark geese though. Still have all my stuff. Need to get that spread back in the ground before too long if nothing else to knock the dust off it!

You sound like me and my boat, and fishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X