Egyptian Planting ? - Any success stories - broadcasting and cultipacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egyptian Planting ? - Any success stories - broadcasting and cultipacking

Anybody have any luck with just broadcasting then cultipacking Egyptian Wheat or is everyone either using (1) a grain drill; or (2) discing, then broadcasting then dragging back over it ?

Had real good luck with oats broadcast on disked land and over dragged with a pipe and chain link fence tied to pipe.

Comment

Its a small seed like sorghum so it might work ok if you have some thatch to broadcast the seed into. I planted mine a few years ago by discing, broadcasting, and covering.....it it came up great.

Comment

Just check your soil ph. I think most of Texas is propably too alkaline for Egyptian Wheat

Comment

We’ve had great luck with broadcasting wheat and oats on top of soil and then shredding grass over top. Just need to do it right before it rains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats very helpful information. Will be trying some different planting methods for sure this year.

Comment

I planted sorghum x sudan as a screen by broadcasting in a 10 ft width of weeds with a solo spreader and then sprayed with gly and got good results

no experience with EW

bill

Comment

Working...
              X