Going to try a different plan for my food plot this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stxslayer View Post
    Can’t wait to see the video. Do you have any pics of the plot as it is now?
    This photo was taken about 3 weeks after planting, about half way growth until I remove the fence.
    Attached Files

Comment

Update, Marty? Any luck with the "harvest" yet?

Comment

I mix in cow peas in my September plots. It is a great attraction for early season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Update, Marty? Any luck with the "harvest" yet?
          I've yet to hunt the plot. I removed half the electric fence about a week ago and will remove the other half this coming weekend. Deer have been eating the peas they can reach over the first electric ribbon and those plants that were broadcast outside the fence. No deer wanted inside the 3D fence. I'm sold on the 3D solar electric fence. It works. I've been hunting other areas so far but that will change this weekend.

Comment

Very cool- in for updates

Comment

After removing half the fence.

Lots of does and small bucks are living in the pea patch. I've learned a great deal about what to do different next time to improve things. I plan to put together a youtube video on the complete process, products etc later this year. You can see in this photo that once I removed half the fence the deer ate the pea leaves right up to the remaining fence.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Texbow View Post
                Lots of does and small bucks are living in the pea patch. I've learned a great deal about what to do different next time to improve things. I plan to put together a youtube video on the complete process, products etc later this year. You can see in this photo that once I removed half the fence the deer ate the pea leaves right up to the remaining fence.
                Looks like they mowed it up to that fence pretty good. Looking forward to the YouTube video.

Comment

Video posted. I'll try and remember to refresh it towards mid-summer when most are more interested in kill/food plots.

Comment

Originally posted by Texbow View Post
                    Video posted. I'll try and remember to refresh it towards mid-summer when most are more interested in kill/food plots.
                    Link?

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                      Link?
                      https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800406

Comment

Texbow - cannot get the video link to work. What can I search under to find your video ?

Comment

How much did the fence run for the plot?

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                            Texbow - cannot get the video link to work. What can I search under to find your video ?
                            You can search Youtube for Texbow Outdoors Video Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                              How much did the fence run for the plot?

If you purchase a quality solar charger, 30 or so post, and enough poly wire/poly tape to fence an acre you will have around $250 invested in the fence.

Comment

Working...
                              X