No announcement yet.

Will oats and rye grass die off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To circle back around to this. As some predicted the rye came back pretty good. Even some wild rye decided to sprout and mix in. The oats actually came back decently, but not near as thick. Turnips even came back some. The other thing that mixed in after the freeze was clover. Didnt have much prior to the freeze, but its coming in good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We had sub zero temps at night and highs in the single digits for two plus weeks. All our snow has melted and the cereal rye is green and getting hammered by the deer. The turnips and daikon radishes that are left are getting eaten off flush with the ground or getting dug up and eaten also. Our food plots had 12-15 inches of snow cover for two months.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

my Buckforage Oats n clovers in my foodplots are doing fine after the winter event of late

Comment

My BFO did great

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

My oats survived in Mills county. They were real short and covered by snow during the coldest weather.

Comment

Where we are at,(Newton County), the Winter Wheat and Oats were burned by the cold temps, but have since started re-sprouting. Clover is fine.

Comment

I broadcast 300lbs of oats on fresh ground where I was stacking and burning cedar the weekend all the bad weather was moving in. I guess with the freezing rain and snow, and the frozen ground melting when it finally warmed up my oats have really taken off.

Comment

They will come back. Mine are doing great now and will make it into late april or early may usually

Comment

Working...
                  X