No announcement yet.

Axis and Black buck survival???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have been feeding nonstop for the last 4-5 days. Coastal, alfalfa, and protein. I have already seen 5 dead calves 3 gemsbok, 2 oryx. We are going to lose a lot more, but we are as prepared as we could have been. We lost our entire herd of waterbuck 3-4 years ago in that hard freeze.

Comment

Baker 3 just posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Expecting to lose quite a few in the next couple of days. Gona be tough

Comment

Too bad whitetails don’t eat those other species.

I’ve always been a proponent of “sending them back” to where they came from.

Comment

Man it is hard to fathom Texas with no exotics in the hill country anymore but from what I seeing on this thread, and froms what I am hearing from friends in the hill country, it sounds like that is where we are headed... I can't imagine..

Praying for all the ranchers who are losing their lively hoods due to this..
            This is just sickening..

Comment

Just bought a small place in Menard area. Was looking forward to hopefully seeing some Axis out there. This is a bad deal but it’s all in Gods hands my friend's stay safe

Comment

Found two in my yard alone this morning and one around the circle from my house that’s almost gone. We had a lot of fresh babies from the last few weeks and I’d imagine they’re all gone. Interested to see how many dead ones are in our neighborhood once the snow melts some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that’s hard to see. Gonna be rough

Comment

Dang that is just absolutely BRUTAL...

Comment

Sad. Mother nature can sure be a Karen,

Comment

I had 19 Blackbucks a day are two ago. Fed today and only 15 showed up. Hope that is all I've lost. My older herd buck did not show up. Sure hope he survived.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                          I had 19 Blackbucks a day are two ago. Fed today and only 15 showed up. Hope that is all I've lost. My older herd buck did not show up. Sure hope he survived.
                          Tonight and tomorrow will be much worse. And, then again Thursday after getting drenched Wednesday.

Comment

120 axis and BB dead on a ranch near me. 90% BB from what I’m hearing. I’m not going to post the pics. They are heartbreaking.

Comment

I lost 2 Blackbuck and about a dozen Axis

Comment

Dang it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X