No announcement yet.

2020 Pushmataha county/SE Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got about 8 - 10 does hitting two of my feeders which happen to be in food plots on a regular basis. I don't have much luck with the big bucks actually hitting feeders but they will scent check the plots and are making scrapes in the oaks that surround them. That's where i plan to spend most of my time trying to figure out which scrapes are the most frequented will be the next task then set stands for different winds. I've got blinds for the kids to sit in at both these locations to ensure they see game and keep interested but with all three in sports...….they haven been up there. I really need to find the time to harvest about 5 doe but somehow I always end up working just as much as I hunt. good luck everyone and congrats to those who have already hammered one.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtechtribute View Post
      Has anybody ever hunted in red oak Oklahoma near camp creek and mountain fork?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Yes sir. I have land there and hunt on Camp Creek.

Comment

Hows the deer size and numbers

Comment

Acorns are not there this year guys, not saying you don’t have a tree or 2 dumping them but as a whole they will not dump again until next year. I know the rut is fun but start dumping feed to them end of November and get ready for December, don’t hunt on feed but hunt between bed and food and should be a good year. My favorite time of year. I try to take off December every year. It’s been good to me. I probably won’t make it to December this year because I’ve narrowed in on 2nd target bucks bedding area and does he’s breeding so hope to close out early this year. But you feeder guy buckle up for December, should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlersBoy View Post
            Acorns are not there this year guys, not saying you don’t have a tree or 2 dumping them but as a whole they will not dump again until next year. I know the rut is fun but start dumping feed to them end of November and get ready for December, don’t hunt on feed but hunt between bed and food and should be a good year. My favorite time of year. I try to take off December every year. It’s been good to me. I probably won’t make it to December this year because I’ve narrowed in on 2nd target bucks bedding area and does he’s breeding so hope to close out early this year. But you feeder guy buckle up for December, should be good.

Yup late season should be fun with little natural browse this year.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you guys seeing bucks late season at feeders during daylight?

Last year seemed to be all nocturnal.

Comment

Last year there was 50 metric tons of acorns on the ground. Feeders should be good this year.

Comment

Anlters,

we have several trees loaded with acorns. lots of them in places

Comment

Originally posted by chocolatelabs View Post
                    Are you guys seeing bucks late season at feeders during daylight?

Last year seemed to be all nocturnal.
                    What i found would work back when we would run feeders I would hand corn away from the feeders 50-75 yards and had good success doing that.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

so the big bucks would come to hand corn but not feeder in daylight. that's smart

Comment

Originally posted by chocolatelabs View Post
                        Anlters,

we have several trees loaded with acorns. lots of them in places

That’s good hunt them suckers, like crack to deer which I’m sure you know. All the places I’ve been on this year were slim to none. But that’s just in my little corner. Antlers, Clayton, and honobia. I live on 200 acres of oak trees and river bottom and I have to run deer out of the yard because I have winter wheat planted. They just stare at me like hey dude we need you to fill some feeders.

Comment

Full moon make anyone else hunting slow this weekend? Saw lots of deer but just in spurts then nothing for hours. Was not even getting midday movement that I usually see on full moon. Made for to very long all day sits.

Comment

My buddy hunted most the weekend saw very little movement and zero mid day movement

Comment

I hunted the Wednesday-Sunday of muzzleloader season after the big rains moved through. Movement was non-existent, had to do some still hunting and ended up coming home with a big doe. Didn't see anything besides those few does moving between food and cover mid-morning.

Comment

The boy and I hunted Saturday through Monday. Had some beautiful sunrises in the mountains.

Had one of our target bucks come in directly under us on Saturday morning and feed on hand corn at 18 yards. When I glanced down to see him right under us and then look at Will to see him staring wide-eyed back at me, I knew he caught a glimpse of antlers and a swollen neck!

Long story short we weren’t able to get a shot off. Awesome encounter. Had does and yearlings come in and feed for a while.

Saw deer on every sit. Movement was pretty good but we were set up adjacent to hardwoods.

Sunday night we hunted on Little River and put a doe on the ground. She and her compadres were on the hand corn like a magnet.

She was healthy, rolling in fat.

Monday morning it was back to the wheel bow.

Judging from the way the deer and squirrels were on the hand corn I’d say that the acorns are close to playing out. Also, I didn’t see any chasing but I am noticing bucks with their noses to the ground and checking the wind. Pretty sure the fun times are nearly upon us.

God is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X