No announcement yet.

2020 Pushmataha county/SE Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree that the write up was top notch and a great read! Thanks for sharing.

The boy and I will also be back up chasing them this weekend as well. Hoping for no rain. As far as corn feeders go I think the acorns, light as they are this year, (at least on our places) would make for a very boring sit at the feeder. Our plan for the weekend is to set up adjacent to two of our seasonal creeks as this is where our oaks are located. The acorns should soon play out but while they are on the ground our best chance of tagging out is sitting in these areas or the travel corridors between bedding and hardwoods.

After getting a buck in the freezer last week I’ll be looking for a fat doe to go with him on this trip. The boy is still hunting horns (and redemption). We’ve got two more mature bucks hanging around and you never know when the camera shy mystery guest will come walking into your life! My personal best came walking through my set following a doe that had come through 45 minutes earlier. The doe was slowly eating acorns along the bank of the Little River. The buck, a 6.5 year old love struck, lip curling beast had never been on camera and I’d never laid eyes on him before that moment. This time of the season in Push county can be magical!

Good luck to all. Be safe and pick a spot.

Comment

big cold front coming on monday. maybe moving.

Comment

anyone seeing bucks chasing does?

Probably a bit early.
        Last edited by chocolatelabs; 10-23-2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Little bucks are harassing them pretty hard, bucks are starting to fight a little bit. Scrapes are hot spots this time of year, fairly close to some kind of feed or bedding area even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Planning on heading up Thursday through Monday next week to try this cooler weather

Comment

[QUOTE=AntlersBoy;15180492]While I’m in the typing mood I’ll put a little story behind deer I killed because I realized I like to read the story’s on this site.

BROW TINE 8.

Great story on a great buck and the chase that ended with success.
              Congratulations!

Comment

First time posting this year ! It’s definitely been an interesting year that’s for sure ! I have had no time and have not been out to the property all summer or fall. It is completely untouched . All my cameras and feeders haven’t been fed or touched . I have no idea what is or is not in there.

I will be hunting for the first time tomorrow and Sunday. I’m curious to see how the activity is vs years past where I have fed and ran cameras and had much more human presence/scent in the area . Honestly just happy to finally get to sit in the woods and enjoy the cool mtn air .

Great seeing all these awesome bucks taken and getting to follow along on your seasons . Congrats boonersooner and antlersboy on great deer ! I’ll be staying In Antlers if anyone is in town feel free to give me a shout . Good luck to all out hunting this weekend !

Comment

What’s the average per acre price for a place in Push or Choctaw county? Myself and probably 2 others are looking to Oklahoma to possibly find a place next year.

What are the good and bad things about these areas?

Comment

Can we add latimer and le flore countys to that list ...land is much cheaper up their
                    Pushmataha county has some very large buck but is hunted hard

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowtechtribute View Post
                      Can we add latimer and le flore countys to that list ...land is much cheaper up their
                      Pushmataha county has some very large buck but is hunted hard

Possibly. Would probably need to be the southern portion of the counties. Trying to keep our drive about 2 - 2.5 hours or less from Hopkins county.

Comment

I agree im from hunt county so i get it

Comment

Ol Robert got him one with his muzzleloader. Said that joker must have been bed down on the power line. He shot him right where he stood didnt move a inch.

I didnt do so well. Scrapes are not active at all. Haven't been in a week or so. I'm sure that could change tomorrow I know its coming and will be back soon. Only saw a couple of deer. But there were dozers working the clear-cut near some of the spots I had bucks.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by arrowslinger; 10-25-2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                            What’s the average per acre price for a place in Push or Choctaw county? Myself and probably 2 others are looking to Oklahoma to possibly find a place next year.

What are the good and bad things about these areas?

The bad is real bad, bears,bears, locals, hillbillies and their cousins and the [emoji199]. Also them [emoji903] will kick your butt

The good is your chances at a 150+ is good. But its hard *** huntin.

Last edited by arrowslinger; 10-25-2020, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                              The bad is real bad, bears,bears, locals, hillbillies and their cousins and the [emoji199]. Also them [emoji903] will kick your butt

The good is your chances at a 150+ is good. But its hard *** huntin.

What would you say makes it hard hunting? I’m used to hunting North or NE Texas.

Comment

You wont see as many deer and the terrian is tough on everything but when u do see a nice buck they are usually big

Comment

Working...
                                X