No announcement yet.

What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report it all stolen, and tell the sheriff where it's at.

If it's yours, it's yours, and he stole it. I'll be ****ed If I just "let it go".

Comment

I'd try to talk to the original principle and get an idea if any of the stuff that's missing was actually the ranch hand's.

Comment

If it is his he should be able to show bill of sale or have the title in his name. If not, he is SOL and I would file theft charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

If it's yours, it's yours, and he stole it. I'll be ****ed If I just "let it go".
          This!

Comment

Call the law. Get them on your side. Maybe the guy will rethink taking those items

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 01-27-2022, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
              We did! based on the contract. Everything came with the ranch except the items excluded. That is what the contract said. I have nothing to lose. I have the ranch!
              Never take advice from a man with no shoulders...

Comment

As usual, not enough information provided to make an educated decision.

1. Did you have an attorney review the contract before signing and executing?

2. What does the seller say when you told him the guy took your stuff?

3. How did you leave it with the ranch manager when he said the items were his?

4. What does the ranch manager think about getting an arse whupping?

I certainly would not accept losing $20,000 worth of stuff if I was convinced I bought it.

Comment

Do the cattle trailers or flatbed trailer have titles, seem like it would be pretty easy to prove ownership?

How hot is the girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    As usual, not enough information provided to make an educated decision.

1. Did you have an attorney review the contract before signing and executing?

2. What does the seller say when you told him the guy took your stuff?

3. How did you leave it with the ranch manager when he said the items were his?

4. What does the ranch manager think about getting an arse whupping?

I certainly would not accept losing $20,000 worth of stuff if I was convinced I bought it.
                    Number 2 should settle this.
                    Number 4 will get you in trouble.
                    I wouldn’t accept losing $20,000
                    If he took it and it wasn’t his that makes him a theif.
                    I hate thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Same here!

I'd pursue all avenues of legal recourse available to me, starting with a Letter of Demand requesting remuneration (as determined by you, and based on replacement cost of the items taken, not what they're currently worth) or the return of the missing items, and outlining the action(s) that will be taken if compliance is not forthcoming within a defined period of time. Be sure to include the language in the contract that defined which items did not convey with the property (items other than personal items and the squeeze chute, I believe you stated), regardless of how broad that language is.

If you're lucky, this will help resolve the problem without your having to incur much, if any, in the way of legal fees. If not, you've at least done some of the work up front by stating your position on the issue and your intent to resolve it at (almost) any means. I'd also advise taking action right away so that items don't get "damaged" or go "missing" in the meantime.

Regardless of whether you incur the wrath of the local community for what they see is an act of aggression, this situation should not go unchecked. There is a principle at hand here: "That which you allow, you encourage."

Comment

Contract w/ Ruth Langmore to get your stuff back....

Comment

Whatever you do, SabineHunter says DONT call a lawyer. They are all crooked low life’s who will take you to the cleaners! Nobody needs lawyers!

(sarcasm)

Comment

Not so!

Everyone needs a good junk yard dog…one that even you are afraid to turn your back on!

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                              Contract w/ Ruth Langmore to get your stuff back....

Yahaha…epic bro!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X