No announcement yet.

What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a real estate attorney not associated with the purchase of the ranch review your contract and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
      Talked with a local attorney and he feels it is theft and we should file that. He also stated that small town LE and prosecutors may just say it is civil and we would have to go that route.
      I'm no expert in these sorta issues, but I would likely only move forward if I had the support of the principal willing to to turn his former help...'small town' sans being connected scares me & would rather cut bait vs dig'n the hole deeper. Good luck.

Comment

Figure the value of your time plus the attorney fees.

Comment

IMO. You should have taken care of the purchase of what is or is not included in the purchase. Why all the S*** after purchase? Be prepared to lose....

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
            IMO. You should have taken care of the purchase of what is or is not included in the purchase. Why all the S*** after purchase? Be prepared to lose....
            We did! based on the contract. Everything came with the ranch except the items excluded. That is what the contract said. I have nothing to lose. I have the ranch!

Comment

Can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. Move on, get your own stuff and start fresh.

Comment

Where are all the KAT posts?

OP bought something and he didn't get what he paid for because someone stole it.

Comment

Small town might come back to get you if you pursue. Trespassing, poaching, dumping could all take place out of Malice.

Comment

I assume you’ve sat down and talked to the ranch hand? That would be my first move. How’d that go?

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
                      Can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. Move on, get your own stuff and start fresh.
                      Huh?

Comment

Willing to bet they would put this under civil issue not theft.

Comment

Do you have pictures of everything that he took

I would file theft on everything that he took that you have pictures of

Notify him that it is being filed and the items included. If no response, proceed forward

File without an attorney. Try to mediate a actual value for the property taken

Comment

What would you do?

Talk to both them and let them know that wasn’t the deal, return the items or pay the price….you decide what that price will be. Congrats on your purchase.

Is there a train station around there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by hoythunter02; 01-27-2022, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              I assume you’ve sat down and talked to the ranch hand? That would be my first move. How’d that go?
                              he says its his and was not part of the contract. Of course this is not what the contract said or the independent attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                                Talk to both them and let them know that wasn’t the deal, return the items or pay the price….you decide what that price will be. Congrats on your purchase.

Is there a train station around there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I was dang sure looking for one!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X