Interim bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interim bow

Many years ago when I was young and dumb I got into an altercation against a larger, stronger and well trained individual. Near the end of it I was backed into a corner and doing my best to cover up and only throwing a hand. When I knew he was retracting a hand. He read my defense tactics and pulled a jab. We both threw right hands but his connected. Fortunately it was a glancing blow to the jaw but it hit my clavicle hard enough that with my punch going in the clavicle busted loose.
    Suffice to say the fight went out of me quick and my cousin got into serious trouble. Me, I ended up at the emergency clinic (no hospitals around there) with an odd brace, a lot of pain for weeks and what turned into a long term challenge for supremacy between he and me. Honestly for him having a height, weight and reach advantage I held my own but as a kid we didn't see the long term implications. For him namely it was a very bad whipping after I returned home from the military and for me I lost what had been one of my best friends as a kid.
    Jump ahead to 2012 and a totally destroyed shoulder being repaired and one of the things they fixed was a clavicle that had healed up to and fused with the acromiun. Unfortunately that has an arthritic issue and has grown a bone spur that irritates the AC joint and affects my shooting. Now older and still dumb I have decided to avoid more surgery for a while and to take it a little easier on the shoulder.
    That leads me to my search. I have a nice bow, 55lbs at 28" and I'm drawing 27&½ or just under. What I'm in process for new limbs for it 10lbs lighter that I will use for 3D and the majority of my shooting. I still can handle the 55lb limbs however after 3 down shots the shoulder knows it and if I do that a couple days in a row I'm out for a few days.
    I have a 50lb Martin Mamba that I can shoot more and get away with it but a few days of a few dozen shots I'll still get a little sore in that spot.
    So basically I'm looking for an interim bow to fill the time between now and when my bowyer gets to my name on the list.
    I have cash and a couple of bows I can trade. Not looking to spend a lot but something I can resell after I get my other bow set up. Prefer a lower wrist grip but you know what they say, beggars can't be choosers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If you want to borrow one let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
      If you want to borrow one let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sending pm

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've found an option. Thank you for looking.

Comment

Working...
        X