The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
    Look at the Sightmark Wraith HD 2x. $500 and has a great daytime mode. IMO this scope is the best dollar for dollar value of any night time hunting scope out there. Is thermal better? Absolutely but you will be spending 4 to 5 times the amount of money to get a quality thermal.

Had a thermal before, it was super nice but for how much I used it I can’t justify another one. Most everything I do would be from a stand 150yards MAX most around 75 but would like to bring the gun when I’m going after deer too without having to make a scope swap in the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would run like hell from the atn. Brother had one and it gave him nothing but trouble. Buddy has a 4x wraith and it is a great little scope. He has no issues killing stuff at night with it even out to a couple hundred yards. Other buddy has a pulsar that is better than both but a lot spendier as well.

If getting up to between 1000-2000 for the scope why not run a cheap thermal like the new stimulus or what ever they are Calling it?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by westtexducks; 04-14-2021, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I would have to assume the Pulsar would have a better image at night but I am speculating.
        The wraith is certainly a great scope. The pulsar digex and digisight n450’s have a much higher resolution sensor and very clear image, hence the higher price.

Comment

Went with the 4K wraith. Update y’all when it shows up and see how it is

Comment

My Wraith 4K HD is as accurate and holds zero as well as any of my 24x long range scopes. Can have 4 different reticles saved for 4 different rifles. I have switched between it and the Sig Whiskey 5 at the range and fired the same loads to the same POI without ever getting out of my chair. QD mount base for the Wraith is a must have. The battery life is really long. Not sure how many hours I have used it day and night without recharging but it must be close to 8 hrs. total. When the battery did start to get low I noticed the resolution starting to fall off. The IR illuminator light that comes with it is not that good. It is good enough for 100 yd shots but that's about it for mine. An upgrade there is a plus.

Comment

Look at the Sightmark Wraith HD 2x. $500 and has a great daytime mode. IMO this scope is the best dollar for dollar value of any night time hunting scope out there. Is thermal better? Absolutely but you will be spending 4 to 5 times the amount of money to get a quality thermal.

Edit: The daytime mode on the wraith is full color where as the Pulsar will be black and white. Not sure how good it does in the daytime but I think it is safe to say that the Wraith will be a better during the daytime. I would have to assume the Pulsar would have a better image at night but I am speculating.
              I think this a couple of years ago. I was using my Wraith HD 4x. He's approx 70 yds from the ground bound I was sitting in.
              He caught me off guard. Took me second to get rifle up and find him in the view finder.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                I think this a couple of years ago. I was using my Wraith HD 4x. He's approx 70 yds from the ground bound I was sitting in.
                He caught me off guard. Took me second to get rifle up and find him in the view finder.

https://youtu.be/BRVadbE09qw

Oh that definitely looks useable. Went with the 4K just for some better image quality but that looks **** good already!

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

https://youtu.be/BRVadbE09qw
                  Great looking video and super cool you can record the daytime hunts. 4x is too much magnification IMO especially for night hunting and even more so if you dont have a handheld scanner.

Comment

Great looking video and super cool you can record the daytime hunts. 4x is too much magnification IMO especially for night hunting and even more so if you dont have a handheld scanner.
                    Yep
                    That's one of the reasons I sold that one.

I recently picked up the Wraith HD with 2X Base mag. just got to mount it and sight it in....

Comment

That 2X is light years better than the 4X I had. The 4X was extremely narrow FOV, which is why I sold it. Optically it performed very well for the money.

Comment

Well, got the email from optics planet saying 9-11 month delay on shipping. Anyone have one they’d want to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
                          Well, got the email from optics planet saying 9-11 month delay on shipping. Anyone have one they’d want to sell?

Jason at Outdoor Legacy shows to have the 2x and 4x HD in stock. It does not appear that he has the 4k one. I strongly suggest you reaching out to him over Optics Planet.

We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                            i guess that's what was bothering me .. it was $800 for the tm25-384 .. so even if in euros ...$939 us dollars is still way cheaper than $1795 ... for the same thing! so while it seems they are providing us affordable technology, we could actually acquire the same technology outside the US for 45% less..
                            Jason at Outdoor Legacy shows to have the 2x and 4x HD in stock. It does not appear that he has the 4k one. I strongly suggest you reaching out to him over Optics Planet.

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/
                            X2 Call Jason at Outdoor Legacy and ask him about getting a better IR light for it as he has them and you will be glad you did.

Comment

Anybody in here running the new thermion XM30 yet and have in the field thoughts? Was hoping to have a decent in-depth review with footage through the optic by now posted on the internet but can't seem to find anything other than one dude who posted a couple youtube videos a month ago. Their is of course the night vision show but I was hoping to see some actual in the field footage at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                                Anybody in here running the new thermion XM30 yet and have in the field thoughts? Was hoping to have a decent in-depth review with footage through the optic by now posted on the internet but can't seem to find anything other than one dude who posted a couple youtube videos a month ago. Their is of course the night vision show but I was hoping to see some actual in the field footage at some point.

Look up HANSETX on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X