Cattle People (hurt bull)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
    Angus bulls that size and age.....usually time to upgrade. You'd be surprised somebody will pay good money for him. Get you a good young bull. I've watched my Dad go through this for over 25 yrs.
    He is well loved from what I gather.
    I don’t think that big boy is going anywhere, if it can be helped .

Comment

That may be one of the biggest brangus bulls I’ve seen lol. He’s stout

Comment

Another guess. Front left foot with foot rot. Am I the winner?

Comment

Dang he's Chunky.

Comment

That boy is thicc. Hope he gets better, good looking bull

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
              Dang he's Chunky.
              I see what you did there!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                Perhaps for ordinary cows, but have you seen the neck on that bull?

Man, that is a solid bull! Hope they get him patched up!
                Ditto this. Hope you get it figured out.

Comment

Comment

I know the smart thing is to get rid of an older animal. Bottom line of course it’s the right thing. But, I have gotten soft in my old age. This boy has been so gentle. I bet over 50 people have crawled on him for a pic. I don’t need the money that badly, I try to take care of my family, friends, and animals, even at a cost.

I do appreciate all responses, suggestions, and comments.

If I find out tomorrow that he can’t be healed and must be put down, I will sleep better knowing I did what I could.

Neither of us mind being called Chunky. :-)
                    However, when I got that I was about 60 lbs heavier than today. Still not skinny though.

Comment

Hopefully you don't get that news, but in the cattle business gotta be prepared for it.

Would you butcher him if so?

Comment

It appears your cattle are more pets then livestock. To each there own. Usually people don't "put down" big ole chunks of beef like that. That will make a lot a hotdogs.

Comment

No more cows than he's covering 7 aint bad as long as he dont come up lame. What kind of minerals are you feeding? I had a bad outbreak of foot rot several years back. Switched to Purina wind and rain loose mineral . Recommended by the vet. I didn't have any more trouble after that.. I did notice before that the same cows will get foot rot again kinda like someone with athletes foot .

Comment

If that picture is from today it looks like his rf pastern is swollen. Probably got it hung in something and injured it. Now he has cellulitis from the injury. Id give him about a half hour of hydrotherapy with a garden hose. Just run water over it. Then I'd give him a dose of dexamethasone in the vein. Then id hit him with banamine for the next five days. Id also give an antibiotic. Draxxin works wonders. I think he will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                              No more cows than he's covering 7 aint bad as long as he dont come up lame. What kind of minerals are you feeding? I had a bad outbreak of foot rot several years back. Switched to Purina wind and rain loose mineral . Recommended by the vet. I didn't have any more trouble after that.. I did notice before that the same cows will get foot rot again kinda like someone with athletes foot .
                              This^^. We leave loose minaeral out year round for this exact reason. We've never had foot rot since we started doing it.

To treat foot rot, put it in a squeeze chute, wash the feet really well. Spray 10% bleach and water solution and saturate the feet. Give boluses, LA200, or any other antibiotic.

Comment

any update?

Comment

Working...
                                X