No announcement yet.

Boudain stuffed backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried this last night myself and it was great, I have to leave out the pepper's next time as the wife said it was too spicy. I though it was great and smoked over pecan with some jalepeno's and pepper jack cheese. Thanks for the post and it has become one of my regular's right along with the Baby Back ribs.

Comment

I'm trying this right now!! Got a boudin stuffed, bacon wrapped, pork loin in the oven right now.
      I have it at 325...I'm guessing about an hour and a half? Anyone have input on how long to cook it?

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
        I'm trying this right now!! Got a boudin stuffed, bacon wrapped, pork loin in the oven right now.
        I have it at 325...I'm guessing about an hour and a half? Anyone have input on how long to cook it?

Thanks guys!
        About 2-2 1/2 hours or until the juices run clear. Dont over cook. Put the loin on a baking rack to keep from sittin in bacon grease.

SO, about what time is it gonna be ready?

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
          About 2-2 1/2 hours or until the juices run clear. Dont over cook. Put the loin on a baking rack to keep from sittin in bacon grease.

SO, about what time is it gonna be ready?
          Thanks Skeeter! It's already on the rack.
          Should be done around 7. Come on over.
          Heck, any TBH er is welcome to come by and share a meal at the Emmite house.

Comment

Man, it'll take me that long to drive to Madville! I guess I'll pass this time. Plus, if you only got one loin in the oven, I dont think that would be enough if I showed up! I can eat one by myself!! Yall enjoy and let us know how it turns out. Curious to see the end result from the oven method.

Comment

Didnt think about taking pics of the prep, but I did it just like the backstrap in the first post. (The boudain I used was pecan smoked)

I'll take some pics of the finished product and post them for yall to drool over!

Comment

Oh, sure. rub it in. Like salt in a wound!! Hope yall enjoy!

Comment

OK, almost dinner time. Hows it lookin?

Comment

Skeeter, it was GREAT!! I will make it again. Often.
                    Sorry about the lack of pics, we had camera issues

I gotta say though, I didnt see much of the cheese left in there. Most of it cooked out. Did leave a good flavor behind though.

Comment

I do the same thing with pork loins, but without the cheese. I call it "the heart attack" I will have to try it with my next backstrap.

Comment

This has quickly become one of my favorites. I always have to make two because its so dang good we eat one entire ST for dinner so I have an extra for lunches the next couple days

Comment

wow that looks awesome

Comment

Did it tonight. My wife and freinds now expect too much from me. Man that was good. Two five year old girls could not get enough. I marinded the strap in tequila, worchesteshire and seasoned. Add two strips of bacon to the center also.

Comment

Originally posted by gooch View Post
                              Did it tonight. My wife and freinds now expect too much from me. Man that was good. Two five year old girls could not get enough. I marinded the strap in tequila, worchesteshire and seasoned. Add two strips of bacon to the center also.
                              Sounds good. Glad yall enjoyed it.

Comment

I got one in the oven right now. Should be done by 7. They aint as good in the oven, but it sure beats a bologna sandwich! I got some sweeyt potatoes and pork n beans to go along with it! My boss brought apple pie for dessert. I feel a nap comin on!!

Comment

Working...
                                X