lets see your hot rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
    1983 Z/28 - Corvette CrossFire - All original rolling on it's 3rd set of tires since 1983. Nothing has been stepped on which includes the original paint job. The hood is a composite glass hood with a pair of functional butterfly valves. Intake has two throttle bodies setup at a 45 degree angle - a pair of air filters that mate to the hood. Stomp it, the butterfly valves open up and it sucks cold air in as it runs up the hood into the scoops. You don't punch it in the rain. You can see both valves pop up from inside the car. This was an option for 82 & 83. Not many in their original functional form. This one is complete and is reliable as sin. It's old 1983 vintage CPU fires it up every time regardless to weather. An early gen Chip car. As it warms up, the Vette CAM is noticeable with a lope.

The 305 sounds cool and is very reliable with excellent fuel mileage. I can cruise 80 mph all day long and it's easy on fuel with the 700R4 flipping into an overdrive 5th gear.

Handles like a dream - has a 700R4 transmission mated to a completely stock 305 Crossfire with 9.5.1 compression.

My cruiser around the Texas Hill Country.

The 1950 - I can't lock it up - the Z/28 I can, so I'm not stuck having to worry about folks getting inside this ride when I step in somewhere for a bit.

Both butterfly valves - with a super clean paint job. The 1983 vintage 5k clear coat makes this car shine.

Your trans is a 4 speed and the cross fire made about 180 hp at the crank .

Lack of traction with that sure is not due to power on tap . I had one the cross fire earned the nick name Cease fire due to all of the issue it had cam shaft is not a vette cam either . its a very tame cam ..

I used to work for Super chips in Longwood FL and we had one for testing on the chassis dyno , as well a TPI 305 and a 350 ( 5.7 was only with a Auto trans the 5 speed manual was a weak trans and was never rated to handle the tq of the 350 )

LU5 if I recall is the engine code

super clean though that you do not see very often . The later TPI ran better but not a ton more , the later Lt was a huge step up and then onto the LS .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CD70A7BC-8D2C-484E-97F7-97E141A9038C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	24566669

Name:	0CD11B55-EB1B-421A-A48A-B3830E1597A6.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	24566670

Name:	31FD3A02-DB84-4F7D-93DC-4319E27809DB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	24566671

Both cars are still around sold the truck couple years back ..

Comment

The whole modding deal is quite fascinating...a lot of it is over my head but am learning. The 1/4 mile guys get so much hp that it ruins the application for the car to handle & what GM designed the ZL1 to do. Don't get me wrong, I don't care how folks spend their money or what sort of discipline they enjoy. Just seems sorta weird to pay for a well designed handling car, make 1000hp at the wheels & turn it into a trick item. There is a good thread I'm watching on camaro6 where janettyracing is doing gradual mods, getting it to the dyno & finding where the sweet spot is for the road course. I'm keeping an eye on it & might consider some mods once the wnty is out next year.

Acceleration is great, but to me this is where the fun is... 10 sec or several minutes??

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrFnrcpBj5k"]2017 Camaro ZL1 Beats Previous Generation’s Nürburgring Lap Time | Chevrolet - YouTube[/ame]

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
        Yes I am aware I ran against a 18 in the 1/8 and I was all motor and it was a laugh . Track well prepped it just shook the tires on the street I have gone light to light and that is worse . 11.3-.4 is the norm a high 10 I have seen but bolt on car , and tune,.... one that was very quick was on a 100 octane tune with bolt on and it was hauling the mail . I do think it had a bump in boost via pulley. But It was shaggin on down the strip .

Modded subie ate his lunch though Another car to be very aware of with some mild work they leave the light lighting quick and most times very hard to make up the ground .. Even banging on the second kit I could have run him down in the 1/4 but 660 foot was just not enough and I was done .

I have no fear to race anyone as I have been up against cars that are WAY faster but some times it goes in my favor the no prep stuff is super fun ..

Got beat by a ford wagon 5.3 LS car with Ebay S480 clone turbo HA HA I knew it was quick but when the tree dropped and it yanked the tires I knew it was over , and thing ran out the back door with over 25 MPH over me HA HA all in fun . I run in the mid to high 6's inthe 1/8 I really need WAY more gear but I love that fact I can still really drive it 3.73 now for the 1/8 would need 4.10 to 4.30 to make it run hard . For the turbo the 3.73 would work very well as it would load the engine up and make it work .. BOOOOOOOOST loves tall gearing

I have a genIV 5.3 here and enough parts to make the turbo kit work but its 5G for ECM harness new fuel system but to put 1000 + to the tires would be a ton of fun for sure .

I listed my truck for sale want to work on something new . I get bored with the projects once done

Comment

I have a lot of fun with it on Friday and Saturday nights!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by huntingpj View Post
            I have a lot of fun with it on Friday and Saturday nights!!
            I’ve seen you race. Always at the front of the pack unless you get rubbed wrong.
            We try to make a several races a week. Would love to meet up with one day.

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
              I’ve seen you race. Always at the front of the pack unless you get rubbed wrong.
              We try to make a several races a week. Would love to meet up with one day.
              First race is February 2, message me if you decide to go then.

Comment

HDWrench - Bought it for $5,000.00 with 37,000 original miles from the original owner. He was a Coast Guard C-130 Pilot and picked it up custom ordered in Virginia Beach. We were Stationed together in Elizabeth City North Carolina. Said he wanted to sell it and use the money for a Cobra kit car - we settled on 5k and I had a concourse edition 3rd gen in 1996. Drove it from N. Carolina to Seattle and Seattle back to Texas. Just barely at 100k on the odometer now.

The 1983 Z/28, with Crossfire - with the 700R4 with Electronic Overdrive as an option. The overdrive kicks .70 on top gear - dropping about 800 RPM and saving fuel. It works up to around 85mph. I rolled from Seattle to Kerrville around 70 - 80 mph non-stop, and was surprised with the fuel burn efficiency - didn't stop for fuel much ranging about 300 miles between fills.

It's a cruiser - holds it own at around 130 mph due to handling. Doesn't get there in 1/4 mile blazing speeds but it buries the speedo deep, sucks down tight due to aerodynamics and corners like a scalded cat. At speed - she holds her own - highway car cruiser.

I get a lot of muscle car attention but I don't take the bait - I'm not into it anyway, car doesn't pull sharply except up to 50 mph. Then it just comes up with a predictable acceleration and runs around 130 mph at top end. 3,300 lb car.

Had a 1970 Plymouth Duster with a 340 .30 over that ran mid 11's in 1/4. That was a different car.

Also had a 1979 Lil Red Express Truck - it too - ran differently for a truck. This was my main ride for around 15 years before selling it to a Father/Son duo who restored it.
                Last edited by AtTheWall; 01-03-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by keestan31 View Post
                  My 1970 C10 that is currently having a turbo kit built/installed
                  Gorgeous!

Comment

Artos . I would not disagree Some of my customer well many have enough money in cars that I struggle to grasp it . How about a Twin turbo 2017 Vette it puts just over 2000 to the tire . yes that is not a typo brand new car then anyways and rip it part and make it go very fast .

That car I have ridden in . It is really hard to control I got to have a bit of seat time in it . With traction control off its all of the road . Even with sticky tires .

Another customer has a Audio R8 ( I am not into the Euro stuff too much) but its scalding fast . ( something special about it grey market or something ) .

Look at the 350gtR killer car off the showroom , the new 19 is to be over 700Hp a new show room floor highest rating ( not a ford fan either but I can say wow that pretty cool)

Today its getting crazy what you can buy . That is if you have the coin ,

Comment

I think you mean the anticipated GT500...I'm really excited to see what Ford does with this machine. I looked at the GT350R before seeing the ZL1 but no Ford dealer would sell at sticker & I don't do ADM. That is a big flat plane crank but I don't think the 500 is going to use the same voodoo engine with more HP as it's had some vibration issues. I'm betting folks will be paying $20k ADM to own the 500 when it hits.

I'm not really brand loyal per say & just like fast cars...I would like to see Dodge get back into the game & make a car that can turn to play with the Mustang, Camaro & Vette. Know they can do it as the Viper was a neat machine on the course.

I agree about what's out there & is really a good time to be an enthusiast. You got the ZR1 with the 755hp LT5 that we may get to see in the Camaro after the mid engine C8 vette launches. Very curious to see what engine GM decides to go with here.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by huntingpj View Post
                          First race is February 2, message me if you decide to go then.
                          Dang. Starting earlier this year.
                          I’ll have to wait until closer to decide if we can go.

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
                            Dang. Starting earlier this year.
                            I’ll have to wait until closer to decide if we can go.
                            It’s a make race for Sport Mod Nationals. They are gonna run modified also.

Comment

Working...
                            X