Clear All

Hang in there guys Praying for y'all

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

BS?

Originally posted by scoutman View Post
      Such BS

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      BS? I’d like to hear why you think that.

Had a business mentor explain it like this to me. If a business owner doesn’t make smart decisions now to make it through to the other side of all this, then 0% of that company will have a job later. Running a business and making these decisions is hard. But if selfishness subsides for the time being, a company just might make it. It’s unfortunate but desperate times call for desperate measures. I don’t see it as BS, I see it as an owner doing what he can to stay afloat. It’s either that or get released and while I know unemployment’s exists, I would hope staying on staff receiving 75% of your pay would be viewed as a better option than unemployment, that is if you’re a team player not looking for a handout. Oh and who knows, the owner may be taking a 50% cut so he can keep providing 75% to all their employees.....

Comment

For those already getting pay cuts, what kind of business are you in? As of right now commercial construction seems to be unchanged for the most part. Although Austin is putting a damper on a lot of jobsites.

Comment

Hang in there, hopefully this will pass soon and business can return back to normal.

Comment

With those of you that have taken a pay reduction was there a timeline given as to when your pay will return to 100%, or will it?

Comment

Sure hate that guys, hope people who need help won’t hesitate to ask for help from people on here...
              hang in there

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                If you get a pink slip you can draw 39 weeks of full pay unemployment.

People gonna be begging for pink slips next week.

Full/max unemployment is about $440 a week.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                  My company say, per news paper, 30% reduction in force coming and pay reductions. Waiting to see what happens now. Such a weird time we have going on right now. I know there is going to be a lot of this going on now. Good luck folks. At least none of us should go hungry.

And guys dont think that unemployment check is going to go far or pay for much. It will buy groceries.
                  Very true, no one gets full pay on unemployment. And you don't get that first check immediately either.
                  Has anyone heard if they're going to modify the requirements, for instance, so many job searches per week? They can't really expect that in this predicament.
                  Last edited by tdwinklr; 03-26-2020, 06:44 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                    For those already getting pay cuts, what kind of business are you in? As of right now commercial construction seems to be unchanged for the most part. Although Austin is putting a damper on a lot of jobsites.
                    I guess it depends on the type. This is my gig and we are extremely affected and more than likely closing shop. We did mostly fitness facilities and theaters. Well guess what, those are closed for the foreseeable future. One fitness facility for example owes us multiple millions on current and past projects that we have been told that there isn't any timeline on funding and we are believing that the COVID is a "way out" and they appear to be filing. We had several theater projects just fixing to kick off and those have been shelved for the foreseeable future. I will be one of the ones more than likely receiving a 100% cut today or tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by bows08 View Post
                      I guess it depends on the type. This is my gig and we are extremely affected and more than likely closing shop. We did mostly fitness facilities and theaters. Well guess what, those are closed for the foreseeable future. One fitness facility for example owes us multiple millions on current and past projects that we have been told that there isn't any timeline on funding and we are believing that the COVID is a "way out" and they appear to be filing. We had several theater projects just fixing to kick off and those have been shelved for the foreseeable future. I will be one of the ones more than likely receiving a 100% cut today or tomorrow...
                      Dang man, hate to hear that. I do expect that to become an issue all the way around in construction if this continues very long.

Comment

For the OP, what kind of dog training do you do and where?

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                          Got the call today that we are pre-emptivley all taking a 25% pay cut starting April 1 so that we can avoid layoffs.

That said I've actually heard that there were quiet small cuts already.

I've got some tenor but am technically a contactor... Sooo we will see how things go.

Of anybody needs brush cut or dogs trained I wouldn't mind the side gig for a bit.... We are good for a while... But I'd rather pre-empt problems too

For the guys who are feeling it now... Praying for you
                          Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                            We had a company conference call yesterday evening, and based on insight regarding further clarification from the city, all non-critical job sites will be shut down. They have actually already started shutting sites down in person.

Thankfully for me, I specialize in healthcare construction, which my current project at Dell Children's is considered critical and allowed to stay open. I have a feeling Im about to have all the manpower I need.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                              Very true, no one gets full pay on unemployment. And you don't get that first check immediately either.
                              Has anyone heard if they're going to modify the requirements, for instance, so many job searches per week? They can't really expect that in this predicament.
                              I just signed up for unemployment benefits online this morning, and it looks like they've waived the one week waiting period to begin receiving funds. It also appears that the minimum number of req'd job searches has been suspended for an unspecified amount of time. That makes sense, since no one's going to be hiring anyone anytime soon anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                If you get a pink slip you can draw 39 weeks of full pay unemployment.

People gonna be begging for pink slips next week.
                                My base is only about 40% of my total comp so don't know how that works. My pay cut was more to offset and be able to keep some of our warehouse guys on longer and a couple branches that are struggling going. I'd rather take a cut and keep some people on the payroll than people completely losing their jobs. It's a tough time for everyone and hope the recovery is strong

Comment

Working...
                                X