Turkey Tour 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

Also BTW, the grad student at TAMU e-mailed me earlier this week requesting samples. Sof everyone is inclined pull some breast feathers and put them in a ziplock. (one bird per ziplock).

Comment

Lots of birds this morning but couldn’t get the flock within bow range. Got out of the field just in tint before the storms hit

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
        Been covered up in birds since sunrise.....

Couple birds put to sleep pics incoming!

[emoji1303]

Comment

Congrats, Masters on the birds. Called in a group of jakes, unfortunately no longbeards wanted to join the party over between Tilden and Three Rivers. Then the monsoon hit. Called it a day.

Comment

Pretty good morning. Had a buddy of mine double up on longbeards with his .410 that were close enough to headshoot with a bow. One of the Toms had some great big hooks and the other bird had an 11” beard. We’ll give them a run this evening if the rain lets up....

Too windy to carry a popup, sitting on the ground before the rain blew in. Sitting at home wishing don’t put birds in the cooler!

Comment

Nice haul Masters...interesting set of chokes on that 410. From the pics I initially thought it was a 28.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Nice haul Masters...interesting set of chokes on that 410. From the pics I initially thought it was a 28.
                Comp-n-chokes extended extra full. It patterned well out to 40, but these were killed close so it didn’t matter. I will say, the little .410 don’t spook all the birds in the pasture when it speaks....

Comment

Attaboy! Killers gonna kill!! Fair weather boys leave tags unfilled! Shoot ‘em up!!

Comment

Stoked! Waiting on April 4th for the trip to Tennessee...tick tock, tick tock.

Comment

I’m just getting girls at my feeders and on camera. The toms are MIA at my place.

Comment

Going to make early service then hit the turkey woods with the wife....

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                          I’m just getting girls at my feeders and on camera. The toms are MIA at my place.
                          If you have hens, you have toms close by.

Got into some gobbling birds (sounded like three traveling together), but didn’t set up where they wanted to be. They were inside of 100 at one point and then moved off. Rain started up, and I decided to call it. I like my chances today. Nice just to hear some spring thunder once again. The build up to season over the last couple weeks was almost more than I could stand lol between the new content being released by the hunting public and some recent turkey related purchases.
                          Last edited by TwoHighways; 03-22-2020, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                            If you have hens, you have toms close by.

Got into some gobbling birds (sounded like three traveling together), but didn’t set up where they wanted to be. They were inside of 100 at one point and then moved off. Rain started up, and I decided to call it. I like my chances today. Nice just to hear some spring thunder once again. The build up to season over the last couple weeks was almost more than I could stand lol between the new content being released by the hunting public and some recent turkey related purchases.
                            Be sure to post several pics of your success.....

Comment

I’ve seen two hens all weekend. Haven’t even heard a gobble...I did kill a coyote that wanted to eat the decoys though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	931246CB-C102-4584-8738-4517831BE422.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	24612486

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                                Be sure to post several pics of your success.....

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X